1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Same thing people do when they see someone getting hurt or on the road stranded. Help.

Or are we a society that just wants to mind its own business and act like unless it happens to me I don't care?

2. malakas

malakas Member

Agreed.
    Kj is a blatant racist for cheering on this murderer.

1 person likes this.
  3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

People still not reading the article, I see.

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

After the zealots outlaw firearms because they can be murder weapons, they should go after knives of all types, frying pans, bricks, belts, ball point pens, scissors, rocks, tire irons and the like because all have been used as murder weapons.

That said, we should consider a ban on firearms that can emit more than six rounds per minute before reloading. The penalty for weapons exceeding the maximum fire rate would be five years hard prison time for each extra round emission ability over the limit.

5. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Not the first time I've heard that idiotic argument that guns don't kill people, people kill people but what about the 65% of people that are killed by guns in non-homicide related gun deaths. If people couldn't buy guns those 20,000 people would be alive today.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Not even with us posting this over and over again. I haven't been here since last night and we are still saying the same thing smh

7. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

If people didn't drive cars, there would be a lot more of us alive today. If we didn't drink alcohol excessively or use narcotics to excess, there would be even more of us. Your argument is just as invalid as the guns don't kill people argument.

People who want to kill themselves or others will find a way. Work on how to resolve the causality, and then I will listen attentively.

8. bmd

bmd Member

The AR-15 is not an automatic rifle. New automatic rifles have not been sold since the 1986 automatic weapons ban.

It is still possible to own one, but you can only buy used ones manufactured before 1986. And they are incredibly expensive due to scarcity (it could cost you $15,000 to purchase one), and they are HIGHLY regulated. Extremely regulated.

So it is still possible to own one, but those guns are not being used in crimes.

Semi-automatic rifles like the AR-15 are legal. Semi-automatic means 1 pull of the trigger = 1 bullet fired. Just like a 9mm pistol. People hear "semi-automatic assault weapon" and have visions of someone squeezing the trigger and spraying bullets like a machine gun. That's not what semi-automatic is.

Now, as for your belief about banning all guns, that's fine if that's what you believe. My point is simply that rifles, including the AR-15, are simply being scapegoated due to media-driven hysteria. It is not the weapon used in the vast, vast majority of murders.

Politicians like to use the AR-15 as a scapegoat because:

A. It sounds scary. They can also add "assault rifle" to the end of it to induce fear in the ignorant.

B. They know they can't touch handguns. They will create hysteria around the AR-15 as a way to scare people and hopefully get those guns banned. They know that banning them won't solve anything as they aren't really the problem, but it is a step in chipping away at the 2nd amendment towards their ultimate goal of banning all guns.

C. Once they ban semi-automatic rifles, they will then focus on handguns. They'll use similar scare tactics. They'll probably push for tougher and tougher regulations to chip away. They'll keep chipping away. They won't stop.

9. Granville

Granville Member

And you're still wrong.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Wrong about what?

11. Nook

Nook Member

No, some posters already posted that they listened to her video.

When you say: "I don't feel sad for the officers that lost their lives", there is going to be a lot of anger and backlash. You can preface the comment anyway you want as a speaker, but it is going to cause a lot of anger and controversy.

This is nothing new or unique. People rather often say things that they don't mean later, or are misunderstood. The difference is that she released it to the public and is a person that is a public figure. There has been a call to get her suspension lifted and to give her job back, the argument is that she exercised her right to free speech. That really isn't the issue, she can exercise her right to free speech, but that doesn't mean that the station she works for in Alabama has to keep her as an employee. In the past some figures that have made controversial public statements have gotten a second chance, and others have not.

We live is a hyper politically correct time. People are too easily offended and feel slighted too easily (that goes for both sides of the spectrum).

1 person likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, no matter how hard you try, no one is buying your excuse for why it's okay to publicly support terrorism.

Pretty annoying I bet.

13. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

You are absolutely right. I don't know what I could have been thinking. Two post-graduate degrees and a wealth of common sense and I just didn't get it til now. Thank you. I always thought the guns had to be fired by a human to kill somebody. What an idiot I am!! Those guns just jumped up and killed 20,000 people all by themselves. Without guns, those people would still be alive because, thankfully, those people playing with guns or committing suicide in these non-homicide related deaths, are not smart enough to figure a different way to kill themselves other than a gun. Thanks for enlightening me. Now I see the light. No more guns!!!

14. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Does he support it too? He sure is pushing hard for us to understand.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

In that same video she also said:

"nobody deserves to lose their lives and I know that those police officers had families and people who loved them and that they didn't deserve to die but I'm so torn up in my heart about seeing these men, these black men, being gunned down in our community that I can't help, I can't help but feel like; I wasn't surprised by what the shooter did to those cops and I think a lot of us feel the same way and I know it's not right and I definitely don't condone violence against innocent people," James stated."

Obviously she chose some strong words and I'm not even saying she shouldn't have lost her job. But you can't ignore her overall sentiment. I think that is what KJ was saying "Preach on" about.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This is D&D talk to begin with. Second, all the data I've seen doesn't agree with you.

Then again, this is D&D talk. So why not end it here?

17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The overall sentiment is WRONG. KJ saying "Preach!" about that overall sentiment is WRONG. You are WRONG. GTFO now please.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Was Bobby responding to my post. I hope not since he knows I have had him on the ignore list for a long time.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

What part of the quote I put was wrong? All of it?

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The overall sentiment that it is understandable to last out at innocent, unsuspecting people and murder them because you think people who look like them have historically done the same to people who look like you?