1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. bmd

bmd Member

I can cite a study as well. In fact, this one came out just yesterday I believe. It's a study by a black, liberal Harvard professor by the name of Roland G. Fryer. He conducted a study called "An Empirical Analysis of Racial Differences in Police Use of Force"

http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399.pdf

You can read the study if you wish, but here is on paragraph from his conclusion:

Mr. Fryer said of his findings: “It is the most surprising result of my career".

You can read an article about it here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html?_r=0

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

except he didnt

3. RESINator

RESINator Member

Didn't she write that after the video came out. She was trying to do some damage control I believe but it was already too late.

4. RESINator

RESINator Member

She just made it more eloquent than KJs idiotic tweet

5. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

I think Nimo must be KJ's Agent

6. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure if that is what KJ was saying "Preach" in response to, but if so, he needs to clear this up. Tweet out that he doesn't agree with her statements, and apologize for any confusion he may have caused.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Just assume most professional athletes are idiots and be pleasantly surprised when one isn't.

:p

8. malakas

malakas Member

yeah he did.
    That woman said "I'm against violence and sooo sad about people dying but ...he's a martyr!! The mass murderer! That's how I feel even when I went to church". :rolleyes:
    Nice try though.

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

I've got the perfect solution for how to handle this ass hole. Trade him to Dallas for a trade exception or cash and let the families of Dallas boo him every home game. That will teach that ignorant fool!!

10. dwhite

dwhite Member

If we cut him, do we get 3 million added back to our cap?

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Is that all she said? Did she express for the lives lost and families affected? Did she admit that she didn't like the way she felt?

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, go re-take (maybe... take???) a history course... I know everyone has addressed "freedom of speech" already but... wow, I mean this can't be real, right???. You're pretty much free to say "**** you" or worse to your boss at work.. But once you get let go/fired you can't cite your freedom of speech as an excuse for poor judgment in your right to exercise free speech. So... KJ or any athletes/public figures need to be careful or they can lose endorsements/contracts etc. Any time some idiot racist (like some ignorant white person to a minority etc) says something wrong his speech is protected but his job isn't.

Also... this ******* (the gunman) wasn't even part of the movement. I'm all for change in this country but violence doesn't help, and supporting some psychopath who killed cops letting the protest go fine/protected (prior to the chaos from the shooting) doesn't help the situation. It's going to cause a setback. The guy was a sociopath.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

The second quote I posted was after. The first was part of her initial post according to the article.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think if he retweeted the initial video she posted we can assume he agrees with that. But it was the whole article, not just her video

15. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

No one said throw him in jail, he has his freedom of speech

Just don't want someone who supports killing cops on the team I spend hard earned money to see

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Or maybe I am just a voice of reason and a peace maker :)

17. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

No he didn't lol.

18. Remlap

Remlap Member

Condoning the killing of cops is bad.

Condoning the mass murder of innocent cops who had nothing to do with anything is horrific and unjustified.

See ya KJ. Don't even want to see you in a Rox uni anymore.
    Any of the guards from our Summer League roster could cover your 4pts/game

I love the idea someone posted about sending him to Dallas.
    He'd get a grand reception there.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sorry, I didn't realize that post went away on purpose. Thought I must have forgotten to submit it. But I get it.

20. dwhite

dwhite Member

If only he could shoot a basketball the way he shoots off his mouth.....