1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kirk Snyder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by poprocks, Jan 5, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

please can you tell me where the heck you find this information??

2. poprocks

poprocks Member

Harris plays smarter and harder than Snyder. Why not look at him?

Francis yeah, what I wanna know is the injury real or BS? If BS, then what really happened? Oh, and yeah how do you get this information?

3. mister pc

mister pc Member

any idea as to who Snyder/Francis are not getting along with? Is it the coach or players?

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I would actually prefer Harris over Bonzi Wells right about now.

I have a feeling Bonzi is going to miss a long stretch of games pretty soon with that shoulder injury.

5. poprocks

poprocks Member

Sura said it was Bush League and that he was not a fan. He said that Snyder made a racist comment about Yao which is well documented on YMM.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20050330/ai_n13497168
    Sloan decides Snyder will sit
    Deseret News (Salt Lake City), Mar 30, 2005 by Tim Buckley Deseret Morning News
    Kirk Snyder's tongue-wagging visit Monday to the Houston Rockets bench has prompted more than a mere tongue-lashing from Jazz coach Jerry Sloan.

Sloan on Tuesday said he will bench the rookie guard for tonight's Delta Center game against Denver as a result of his actions in Monday night's loss to the Rockets.

It's believed Snyder will not be docked any pay, but it's uncertain whether or not he will dress for the game. Either way, the first-round draft choice from the University of Nevada will not play.

"I don't think his conduct," Sloan said, "was good for basketball."

Sloan made the call after watching on videotape Tuesday what Snyder, who started at shooting guard against Houston, did Monday.

With the Jazz trailing by six points in the third quarter, Snyder converted a Scott Padgett turnover into a nifty layup.

The 21-year-old then raced to the Houston bench, where he taunted the Rockets with emotional gestures that included a waggle of his tongue. Snyder did so as he stood in front of Rockets assistant coach Steve Clifford, who was seated next to Houston head coach Jeff Van Gundy.

"He went right to their bench," Sloan said.

"You just can't do that," the Jazz coach added Tuesday. "You've got to learn that's not what we do. You play basketball, and it's not a matter of talking or doing all that stuff. Just go play. That's all we ask you to do."

Sloan suggested he did not buy Snyder's assertion that he was reacting to a fan seated in the second row: "If you go watch it on film," he said, "he went right between those two coaches. And they were in the first row."

Sloan also said he does not believe the notion that momentum carried Snyder to the bench area.

"He was off-balance a little bit," he said, "but he wasn't that off-balance."

The Jazz coach wants to see, and hear, less over-the-top emotion from the occasionally demonstrative Snyder.

"In his case," Sloan said, "he talks a little bit too much in those situations. He's got to learn that we're not asking him to be a motor-mouth out there.

"Just play basketball."

Van Gundy received a technical foul because of the way he protested Snyder's actions, but the Jazz never led after the incident and wound up losing 99-85.

Van Gundy said little about the incident after the game, but Houston star Tracy McGrady said the "disrespectful" display "riled" the Rockets.

Sloan yanked Snyder immediately, yelled at him a bit, then but put him back in the game for the fourth quarter.

The Jazz coach, though, said Tuesday he did know if his message had been received by Snyder.

"I can't make it any more plain," Sloan said. "I told him after the game, and I told him when the game was happening."

Then he said it again Tuesday, informing Snyder in front of the entire team prior to practice why he will not play tonight.

"If that's not enough," Sloan said, "I'll do it again."

Snyder seemed to realize right away that what he had done would not be received well by Sloan, but afterward he offered no formal apology for the Rockets.

"That isn't supposed to happen," he said. "It was something that happened, it was unfortunate we lost, and we'll move on."

Sloan, however, did what he could to apologize to both Van Gundy and Clifford, sending messages through both Houston trainer Keith Jones and a former Jazz player now with the Rockets.

"I saw Scott Padgett," Sloan said, "and I told him that I was sorry and disappointed -- and hopefully he passed that on to the coach."

Meanwhile, Snyder was accused Monday night of making a racial remark directed at a Rockets player during a previous Utah-Houston game.

"That's bush-league," the Houston Chronicle quoted guard Bob Sura as saying about Snyder's actions near the bench Monday. "You don't do that kind of stuff in the NBA. In our last game, he made a racist comment to one of our players. I'm not a fan."

That Rocket, the Houston newspaper reported, was Jon Barry. According to the Chronicle, however, "Snyder denied making any comments when the teams played last month."

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's bush league!

[​IMG]

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

This type of speculation isn't going to help the Rockets. They've been trying to shop him since pre-season. The media scours this BBS for rumors like this. Better to let this thread die.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I heard Kirk Snyder got upset during practice because Adelman keeps on calling him "Synder." He was like "Screw this. b**** don't even call me by my real name."

9. poprocks

poprocks Member

Give Francis credit. He's at courtside tonight cheering the team on. So Francis is probably legit.

10. YourSecretLover

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If he is, in fact, being a cancer can we call Jerry Stackhouse to come whip his a$$ again?

12. lalala902102001

LOL. That just made my night.

13. rayden

rayden Member

Snyder was at the bench cheering tonight.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

off topic but I was listening to Exile on Main Street by The Rolling Stones and came across the song "Turd On the Run"...

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

snyder and steve are our most tradable players right now.

not just because of rumors, but because of ending contracts.

put those two reasons together and you've got yourself a deadline deal for sure.

16. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I dunno about that, at the rate stevie is going, its starting to look like hes going to pick up his option and collect a paycheck from the bench.

17. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

You got it, meng!

18. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

I have a feeling...no, you're wrong. This is Bonzi's contract year. He will make up injuries and play through them to show other teams he plays through injuries.

Seriously, I understand why you didn't think much of Bonzi last year, but to say you would rather have Harris over Bonzi at this point is hating. Especially when we have Francis and Snyder doing nothing on the bench.

19. poprocks

poprocks Member

Frankly I was suprised when the Rockets pulled this trade too. Bringing a known troublemaker to the Rockets for Cash from the Hornets.

20. poprocks

poprocks Member

If we could trade Snyder for Cash to another team to make room for Harris, I would be all for that.