1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kirk Snyder Makes Impact With Timberwolves

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rollazn, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

New Timberwolf Kirk Snyder made a key impact upon Minnesota's 111-100 victory over the Utah Jazz, bringing 24 minutes of energy off the bench.

On the evening, Snyder showed up all over the box score with six points, three assists, two rebounds, a steal and a block. But his biggest contribution may have been his tough defense on Utah's big three men.

"I thought (Snyder) helped us," said head coach Randy Wittman. "We've had a hard time matching up against small forwards. Kirilenko and Harpring are two big, physical guys. I wanted to use Kirk today because of his strength and his toughness ... He still doesn't really know what we're doing and that makes it difficult, but I thought he played aggressively offensively."

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/snyder_plays_right_notes_vs_jazz_080226.html

Good for Snyder. Maybe we could have used him last year against the Jazz...

2. superden

superden Contributing Member

I am glad he is playing and doing well. Still like Green with us.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I actually though Kirk got worse the more he knew what we were doing. He started overthinking instead of just playing. It's too bad he (a) can't shoot outside of 15 feet, and (b) is boneheaded at times...he's got great skillz.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Warriors need to trade their glut of swingmen for a post player and then sign Snyder to recoup their loss. He would be a great fit there.

5. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I am glad he is doing well. He seemed like he straightened up from previous years.

6. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I'm very glad how Kirk is doing, he certainly is gifted player, remember he avg good numbers with NO?

Well I hope he does it again with Wolves because he deserves it.

7. mig0s

mig0s Member

I liked this guy and I'm happy that he's in a weaker team. He'll get minutes and he'll be back in the game.

8. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Yao was right. We should've played Snyder against the Jazz last year.

9. mig0s

mig0s Member

Oh? I don't remember him saying that...I know it's me:p

10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I like Kirk. He's certainly a better player than Green is (less talented, but better right now). The trade was still a good move just because of salary situations, but sans the salary issues I'd have preferred to keep Kirk.

11. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

I could put up better numbers on the TWolves

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If he becomes a good player elsewhere then I think we need to blame JVG :rolleyes:

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Kirk didn't get much of a chance with us this year, in any meaningful minutes. I thought he was guy who should have gotten more opportunities last year too. Oh well. Good luck to him.

14. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

Most definitely.

As of now, Kirk Snyder is a better player than Green although Green has the potential to become better than Kirk.

I'm not really too sad about losing Kirk, if he didn't crack the rotation in Adelman's lineup... there must be a reason.

He was looking so good before that hand injury and ever since then - he hasn't been the same.

Hope kirk all the luck...

15. Trip

Trip Member

Just finished watching the Wolves against the Raptors, and Snyder looked bad. Still was taking ill-advised threes and bricking.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree. He is very athletic. Surely, JVG or Adelman could have found some redeeming quality in him. I don't know, some coaches and some players just don't connect.

17. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Moving Snyder was one of the best moves of the year. The guy didn't show any ability to learn what was going on in Utah. I don't know what he did in New Orleans because I didn't pay attention, but when he got to Houston he showed the same cluelessness.

18. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

JVG liked Snyder a lot. It was just bad luck he got hurt early in the season when he was contributing. By the time he came back, Bonzi was back in the rotation. By the time Bonzi got hurt again, we got Yao back, and JVG though it was best to go 8 guys to get ready for the playoffs.