1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kinkaid private school says no truth to rumor that LeBron James was there today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 15, 2018.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I head he was touring Dickinson ISD

D-rock and J.R. like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@HTM @Realjad
    lulz, it was reported as a Cracker Barrel in Ohio on June 10th. Apparently, original tweet by Caddiman13 was deleted for some reason. (Maybe Lebron's handlers routinely make Twitter delete images of his daughter/family, if they come across them.)

Picture posted here, too.

https://buckeyebybirth.com/

D-rock likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I heard he was in Seattle

5. mig0s

mig0s Member

Tour schools? If I was Lebron I would just buy a house in philly or LA just to fk with people lol

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They have Cracker Barrel in Ohio???

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm not sure why Sugar Land was on his list, but I know Harden just built his mom a house out here (in Riverstone more specifically). Also, as someone else speculated, as a world-class athlete who's recognized everywhere he goes, maybe Sugar Land gives him a little more privacy and space? Again, just speculation. I actually still sit firmly in the camp that he's probably going to the Lakers.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Now we just need the Philly school rumors... ;):rolleyes:

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

So he's now been enrolled in LA, enrolled in Philly and touring every school in Houston (which I had some confirmation that he did at least go to one). He's either casting a bunch of diversions or just checking everything out. If he leaves the Cavs and doesn't come here, I'd love it to be Philly. Let them fight with the Celtics to make it to the Championship and we can focus on adding another player to match up with the Warriors.

napalm06 and DonKnock like this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Philly school rumors already happened. He toured Philly schools a while back, Tim Legler personally reported it. Nothing about him enrolling though.

Also, it may very well be true he's enrolled in a school in Ohio. It's probably a lot easier to cancel the enrollment then it would be to get added last second is my guess.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Less athletic clones ... that disappear after 3 days.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Weird how every city who has a legit shot at LBJ also has reports of his kids touring/enrolling in schools there. No reports of him touring schools in Phoenix.

Fans gonna fan.

napalm06 likes this.
  14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Wow, I can't see him putting his kids in a Cy Fair ISD school. While it would be cool as hell for our area but that's a hell of a drive from Cypress all the way to the TC and back for home games and practices.

Bobsputin likes this.
  15. Fyreball

Is Bridgeland known as a good basketball program in the area? Maybe he was just meeting coaches, or networking for AAU?

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Not necessarily. In the Cy Fair area, in general, the baseball programs are what dominate the sports scene; with football following close behind, and basketball ranking as high as 3rd on the list.

Bridgeland is known to be a very rich neighborhood within the Cy Fair area... so perhaps he had some sort of connection to someone that he was teammates with or someone on a past coaching staff that he was familiar with. Too many possibilities to count.

Again I'm not discounting that he was there, just highly improbable that it was for the reason of finding schooling for his son(s).

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard LeBron is playing Video Games @DaDakota 's house

18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

This was Bridgeland HS's first year ('17 - '18). They only had a freshman class, and maybe a sophomore class. So I doubt their basketball program is any good

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If they get a couple blue chips then they can become a powerhouse.

TMac'n likes this.
  20. Fyreball

Haha the LA Lakers of the HS scene, huh?