1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings/Mavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A-Train, May 5, 2003.

1. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Im now getting a little worried. I dont care who wins the Finals as long as its not Dallas. I prefer the Lakers but at this point just anybody but Dallas. Dallas was fourtune enough that they survived Portland. They were Lucky Portland did not have a DA or a healthy Pippen that series else they would have already been done. Now that Webber is done they are playing another team thats not at full strength. They ought to win this series. So now they just have to beat one legit team to win the NBA finals. Now I know theres no way they can beat the Lakers but thats what I said the last two rounds that theres no way they can beat sacremento or portland. All it takes is Kobe or Shaq to go down w/ Dallas's luck thats exactly what will happen. Than all they have to do is beat a Eastern Conference team and than I have to watch Cuban and the rest of his crew celebrate a NBA championship. Somebody make this stop the longer this madness continues the more I worry. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

How do you beat the Mavs?

Stop the 3.

As long as your team is a very good offensive team, you'll be able to handle them.

But you wont be able to keep pace with them if you let then drain 3's. That's how Dallas is able to put 120 points on the board (3's). So, it's ok to "trade" 2 pointers with Dallas because you can keep the game under-control.

But giving them the 3 will dampen your chances to keep pace (Well, unless your team can shoot 3's as well). Out of LA, Sac, Dallas, San Antonio, the Mavs depend on the three the most.

The Mavs don't like close games. They like blowouts. And when they are in a close game, what do they do best? Shoot 3's.

3. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

YES YES YES!!! Sacramento can still take this series. I just want the mavs to get out of the playoffs the most embarassing way possible. Blowing a 0-3 series lead was the it but I guess losing to a team w/o its best player will do. Cmon kings 2 more

4. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

OMG Dirk kicks towells all over the place they fly into fans faces and guess whos there to give him a standing O. Mark Cuban of course how ridicolous is that? Could this idiot have any less class? Dirk ejected btw two T's. Now as I write this the Mavs are picking fights with the littlest person on the court Bobby Jackson. Who has a broken bone in his face. Back in the hey day of the Jazz I thought I could never hate a professional sports team any more well I was wrong well its not quite there yet but once the Rockets start competing with these idiots I know it will.

#124 rocketfan83, May 12, 2003
    Last edited: May 12, 2003
  5. dn1282

dn1282 Member

I'd applaud Dirk for getting ejected too. At least it shows that Dirk cares about how bad they were beaten tonight too. When you're beaten badly in the playoffs...you should be pissed...not just bend over and say "you played better than us tonight."

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I understand what Dirk did but Cuban thats unacceptable for a NBA owner IMO.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

See this is what's ultra stupid. Houston looses to Boston with a back up point guard who scored 6 points on two of nine shooting and five assist while Steve had 33 points 9 rebounds 9 assist, 2 turnovers on 10 of 18 shooting but its Steve's fault they lost the game. But you are right, Steve's body language wasn't showing leadership on defense when Bremer had an exceptional night. :rolleyes:

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

whatever dude, no point discussing it with you if that is your reaction, check out the games v G Arenas, if that is how you want it, you still haven't argued against the portland game v stoudamire, do you actually watch the games or just box scores.

just wait for the spreadsheet

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Yeah, I watch for players body language. I love how all you haters resort to the stats don't matter argument. It just proves how weak your argument is.

10. SmeggySmeg

so you watched him not even bother lifting an arm or bothering to run out to a shooter, surely that is a sign of slack defense???

i give up

btw i have the stats to back it up

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Gilbert Arenas had had his worst game in the Golden State win against Houston, and his best games in the three losses. You know what that tells me, Steve Francis's defense is not the problem on this team. Stephon Marbury averaged 24 points against Steve. The Rockets beat that team 3 out of 4 times. In the win against New Jersey he held Kidd to 6 points.

My point is you can find games when Steve got lit up, when he shut people down, when he got lit up and the Rockets won, when he shut someone down and the Rockets lost, etc. The point is it doesn't matter because the Rockets problem isn't defense. And the fact that you turned this thread into a bashing Steve's defense thread because he "doesn't care" is stupid. Especially a thread when the great Mike Bibby is allowing Van Excell to go off for 40 point games

12. SmeggySmeg

what the hell happened to the Kings in the second half, are the mavs playing defense or are they just shooting bricks???

13. ktheintz

ktheintz Member

If, as appears all but inevitable, the Mavs win this series, that means the only chance for the Lakers not to four-peat is for the Spurs to beat them tonight. With Sacramento effectively gone, and Dallas with no chance of beating the Lakers, the Spurs are the last line of defense. And if they lose tonight, they have practically no chance of advancing.

Really, it could all be over in about three hours.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The Mavs will win the championship.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Lakers are losing big. Let's hope they don't come back in the fourth.

SJC, are you a Mavs fan?

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No, I'm a Rockets fan...the Mavs are my second-favorite team, though, because I am German...so I guess it's rather natural that I would root for my fellow countryman in the NBA now that the Rockets are not in the playoffs...when the Rockets play the Mavs, it's Rockets all the way, though (although I still want Dirk to get 40/20, but I want the Rockets to win).

17. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

Bibby is the most overrated player in the league and Nash is exposing him for the fraud he is. Still can't believe he got a spot on the olympic team before Iverson got his.

18. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

You remind me of the Rockets when they get down in the 3rd quarter, and think they've lost already.

Has the fat lady sung?

19. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I'm a little disappointed in Peja. He had a chance to really take over in this series, but this is his second subpar game in a row. The Kings are missing Webber a lot more than they realize, as they can now focus more on Peja...

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Hmmm. . . Dirk only fan.