1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings/Mavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A-Train, May 5, 2003.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Amazing score last night. Sac didnt play a bad game offensively, its just Dallas came to wipe things up.

Nick Van Exel is amazing. WIth out him Dallas wouldn't be in the playoffs anymore. He saved them in game 7 against the blazers, and then last night went for about 36pts!

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Did Steve Francis steal your girlfriend?

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Thank you, Sam Cassell was such a great Defensive player, Kenny Smith used to get lit up for 40 by Kevin Johnson. Please people,

STFU about Steve's defense. As someone else noted, defense wasn't the Rockets' problem anyway.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I remember the Nuggets tried to implement that running offense. They abandoned it after a year of total failure.

But imagine, you score 61 points in the first half and still find yourself trailing by 22 points!

5. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

To be fair to Denver, the NBA was a very fast paced game in the early to mid 80's...Denver took it to the extreme, though. In 1981/82, they averaged 126.5 ppg, an all time NBA record that might never be broken and 12 ppg more than the Lakers. They scored 100 points in every game that season, but also allowed 100 points in every game...In fact, there were only three games that year in which they scored less than 110 points. They scored 130 points 27 times, going 22-5. They allowed 150 points four times, losing all five games, and actually LOST a game in which they scored 148 points...

mind boggling...though it wasn't a TOTAL failure. They did manage 46, 45, 52, and 47 wins from 81-86

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Smeg's married. Do you ever visit the Hangout?

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I know, I also know he has deep negative feelings towards Steve. I mean, how did this thread degenerate into Steve bashing. Someone mentions Dirk is a bad defensive player and he immediately starts bashing Steve. I mean comon, chill out. Then DaDakota agrees, and he bashes Steve even further saying the difference is Steve doesn't care.

Hey Smeg, I know Steve isn't the best decision maker and defensive player, but one thing everyone will agree on is that he plays hard, probably harder than anyone else on this team. That's why I don't understand when he isn't good at something people immediately go the he doesn't care card. That's just flat out dislike for the guy and stupid.

8. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

Oh... Kings lost this heartbreaker Game Three. :(

Edit: Well they don't lose yet!!! Still a slight hope with few secs left.

9. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Not yet!!Sacramento still has a chance.High scoring game!!

10. BmwM3

OK....now its over!!:(

11. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Nobody Beats the Wiz

Walter guides Dallas to victory and Wake passes Luis Tiant for number four in all time Red Sox strikeouts. What a time to be alive.

:)

12. Panda

Panda Member

Go Mavs! Run over the Sins... uh.. I mean the Kings.

STAMPEDE NEXT GAME I SAY!

Sorry, I can't root for a team with the head coach looking like Adolf Hitler, pg looking like Mickey mouse, backup pg looking like mini Mickey mouse and Hedo as well as Pollard's hair looking like as if they got crap spilled all over their head, especially when they have a china doll at the 4 and an old big flopper at the 5.

NVE is a helluva player.

13. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

No they only lost one at Dallas!

14. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

To me if Kings lose the series it will be cuz of Webber! because that is their REAL leader!

15. BmwM3

Nick Van Exel is stepping up big for Dallas.

16. montelwilliams

Good win by the Mavs. Kings are falling apart.

17. mhan

mhan Member

i noticed sac fans weren't complaining when divacs did to nowitzki what they say shaq does to divacs. 16 more fts for the kings, and 6 more fouls on the mavs and the kings still lose it at home. ouch. that's gotta hurt.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Anybody still saying Dirk is soft and does not hustle?

[​IMG]

25 points, 20 rebounds.

Go Mavs.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If the Mavs win this series because of Webber's injury, it's all the more important that the Spurs beat the Lakers. Dallas has little chance of beating LA. :(

20. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Steve has amazing physical abilities and yet he doesn't use them on defense, go back watch the blazers game from the last week of the season and watch Stoudamire shoot jumpers with Steve metres away, not bothering to move torwards him and with his hands at his side, now tell me that is working hard.

His body language one defense, his effort on defense and his physical defensive movements on defense (eg positioning, shuffling, defensive stance, vision on his players and the ball at the same time when off the ball etc etc) makes me (and others) think he doesn't care for defense. If you watch the games and think he is giving 100% of effort and ability to defense, then that is fine with me if you want to feel that way, but i just feel differently and maybe have different expectations for the Super-Star and Leader of this team. For me leaders have to play both ends all the time, this isn't football.

I find it really strange the way people say the rockets defense was not a problems, stats are lovely to fall back on, but i still not sure how letting opposition point guards (including those of the standards of JR Bremer) do whatever they like on defense can make us a good defensive team (btw i have stats coming soon on steve's defense) and then lets not mention the way opposition PFs rip us to shreds. Ignoring stats, the rockets defense in general definitely dropped away in the second half of the season.

I am possibly the most chilled person i know, so please don't tell me what I can and can't say. I certainly don't hate Steve, i just wish he would play better defense.