1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings Looking to Trade Carl Landry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikeyharris, Jan 2, 2011.

1. apugh832

apugh832 Member

I support my Rockets only but appreciate hard work and good basketball, wanna see all players maximize their talents. He was really just thrown to a bad team, something he has no control over. Great move by my GM. Do I want him back nawwwww, more then happy w/ my rook P.Patterson.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is what happens when you take a 20-25 minute guy and try to make him a starter.

Our management had Landry in his ideal role utilizing him to maximum effectiveness. This is why per 36 isnt always a good thing.

3. BigRed786

BigRed786 New Member

Do yall ever think that after hayes comes back, we can put hill to back up hayes and landry to back up scola? and trade miller and patterson???

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

why on earth would you do that? Landry isn't as valuable to us with all of our scoring and Hill/patterson. They rebound better and Miller helps a ton with the offense.

5. TheGoldenGreek

I think he'd be a great fit with the Magic. He could split minutes with Bass. He could also play the same role Leon Powe played when they won the championship in '07.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Landry is more than just "an undersized system player", just like KM he's one of the best scorers in the league. The problem is he's not a defensive guy nor a rebounder, and playing in a team that doesn't give him a lot of touches hurts his production. He needs the ball to be effective, and unfortunately that ain't happening with tyreke and cousins getting most of the touches.

7. cuddie

cuddie Member

No, you don't support your Rockets by wishing a former player onto the Utah Jazz. I want to see him flourish as well, but the UTAH JAZZ? SERIOUSLY?

AMONG MANY OTHER EXAMPLES:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B0YoXt-mnug?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B0YoXt-mnug?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ulbaqB7eHqg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ulbaqB7eHqg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

9. superjhou

superjhou Member

Let's Weisbrod him back.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Kings need to get rid of Tyreke. As long as he is their alpha dog, they aren't going anywhere.

11. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

No. I object!

12. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

That is absolutely proposterous! Thank god for the responsible adults in charge of player personnel decisions because that would be irresponsible....

13. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

He would thrive in a situation like that. He can just roll to the basket and being a strong finisher. I'd like to see him go somewhere where he can get PT and be effective. He is a fun player and a nice guy. The man took a bullet for this city! Beastly.

14. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

We shouldn't trade anyone unless it brings us a shot blocker or an excellent rebounder, two areas I believe we are hurting the most in.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

that's a stretch...he did his damage in a short span, so he had good efficiency, but i'm not sure that puts him up there with the best scorers who do it for 30+ minutes and put up 20 + a game.

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Carl Landry for Charlie Villanueva

Stuckey
    Gordon
    Prince
    Landry
    Wallace

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That frontcourt will get shredded on the boards...but Landry should play well with Tmac. He's someone that could have gone to phoenix and done well, if only they wouldn't have signed warrick out of desperation. That could have allowed us now to trade for landry and ship him to Phoenix for Gortat. Oh well..

18. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I would like to see Landry on the Pacers. They are a 50/50 to get 8th seed. I think Landry would defenitewly help. As if he aint better than scrub McRoberts. I hate McRoberts.

19. SlimJim25

SlimJim25 Member

NegRep x10000000 if I could lol

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yeah right. The Kings aren't stupid enough to take CV with his crazy contract.