1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings looking at Kevin McHale for coaching vacancy

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Why couldn't we just trade Mac there?

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

it's like divac literally just google searched which coaches were recently fired and made that his list. not that every retread isn't successful, but the ones that are were usually successful in the first place (with mchale actually being in the lead for actually having some success). interviewing all the guys who are retreads and have never had success and who basically no one thought did a good job just seems crazy. out of all the people listed, mchale at least didn't seem to underachieve even if he wasn't the greatest coach ever.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hes the winningest coach. Any team would be lucky to have him

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

is Chris Webber smart enough to coach?

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm sure his offensive system would mimic Adelman's Princeton offense but that managing timeouts.....

6. jjc1

jjc1 Member

So if the Kings hire McHale then the Rockets will be off the hook for his remaining salaries? Les will be happy.....

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

I wish him well.

Pros: It's a NBA head coaching job. There are only 30. You can't be picky.
    Cons: It's the Sacramento Kings. You're gonna be gone within a year anyways.

8. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Take Brewer with him

9. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One sidenote re: Kevin McHale. More than one person has told me he doesn't like California so him taking the Kings job would be a surprise</p>&mdash; Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) <a href="https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/725375867598176257">April 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not sure how true that is, but something to consider as his name comes up.</p>&mdash; Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) <a href="https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/725375962674806784">April 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

The guy gets us farther than we'd been in 20 years, and we talk about how horrible he was. Reminds me of the people on the Spurs board talking about how much they can't stand Pop. It's sad that the world is full of these ignorant people.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz, still butthurt about the Lakers rivalry. Those old fogeys can never get over anything. He probably hates Vietnam too. Someone tell him California is a big state. Who honestly says "I hate ALL of California" so much so you're not taking a decent job there. Especially when you only have to be there a year or so then leave and get paid for another four.

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

Rofl. I see what you did there

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

How is that even remotely similar? Pop has freaking 5 championships and has won COY 3 times. McHale has underachieved every year except for last year. Even last year we had some embarrassing efforts in the postseason, like Game 1 vs LAC and Game 3 vs GS.

I can't tell if you're trolling or not(?)

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think McHale would be a great fit with Cousins and can absolutely make him into a better player.

McHale was able to pump out multiple top ten offensives here, and got us to the WCF. His faults as a coach are way overblown around here.

16. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Brewer Smoove and Terry got us to the WCF not McFail

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

And how did those players turned out this year under J.B Bickerstaff? GARBAGE. McHale got the best out of these players. J.B Bickerstaff never did. James Harden was the problem. Dude never was a leader to make his teammates better. All he wanted was the ball.

19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

True... I'll say this, If he can get that dumpster fire of a franchise (more of one than Rockets at least, lol) into the playoffs then you'll know the Rockets ****ed up. However if he gets similar results as the coaches since Adelman (in Sac) then it'll be clear maybe the whole 11 game thing didn't matter. I do think McHale working with a real big man with offensive skills (in Cousins) could help get develop Cousins more. And I also think he'll handle Cousins a lot better than Karl ever could.