1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings-Lakers Tomorrow

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LiLStevie3, Dec 24, 2002.

1. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

There would have been a better buildup had the Lakers and Kings been tied for the division lead or something of that sort, but Bibby and Shaquille are back and both teams seem ready to play. I know I'm going to be watching.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Go Kings Go.

Terrific game. Both teams really played like it was a playoff game. For the Kings, I think winning it down the stretch was more important and emphatic than a blowout would've been. On the road, with the game on the line, the entire team (not just Mike Bibby) found a way to make the crucial plays to win.

Also, I think the Kings really exposed Shaq's lack of conditioning, if it wasn't apparent already. This guy needs to lose some weight, and soon. The play that was probably the clincher (Jackson finding Divac through the lane), I'm not sure what Shaq was thinking. It looked like he was keeping an eye on Webber, but by the time he had turned around, his man was already by him for a dunk. You have got to be more observant than that against a team with ball movement like the Kings.

Jim Jackson and Keon Clark were huge pickups.

We love you Kings.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Eh...whats this "we" business. I was also going for the Queens today, but at the end of the day I say **** the Fakers and the Queens! :mad:

4. The Cat

Any team that plays the Lakers is my favorite (for the day). :D

5. R0ckets03

Over the Rockets and the Spers? ;)

6. The Cat

I'm starting to like the Kings more than the Spurs, as a whole.

As far as the Rockets, it's a close call between my love for the Rockets and my hate for the Lakers. The Rockets would narrowly win out, but damn it's fun to watch the Lakers die! :)

7. R0ckets03

You really do need therapy. I hope you get it soon.

8. Panda

Panda Member

The Kings have a pg that looks like Mickey Mouse, an old sneaky flopper at center, a playoff sissy at pf, and Hedo's gold on black hair dye looks like he's got crap spilled over his head. The Kings plays good ball but I'll never root for a team like that. Too bad the Lakers lost.

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Does anyone know how many baskets Kobe had in the 4th? I'm interested in knowing. I haven't seen anyone play defense on Kobe like Jim Jackson just did since Tariq Abdul-Wahad and Ruben Patterson.

10. LLJ

LLJ Member

I like the Kings. They do tend to whine too much and they're not the best looking chaps in the NBA, but they play good ball, and entertaining ball. The Spurs are a good team, but I find them rather boring.

I do like the Mavs a bit better than both of them, because they have some class players, but they just look too weak in the middle to be champs.

The Lakers are a little more entertaining than the Spurs when Shaq is moving well. Being dominating isn't too exciting, but I do think Shaq is a really good player. His passing and his feel for the game is rather underrated, even if many people think he's just nothing but mass and power.