1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings fan living in Houston - Questions about the WC

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Joel, Mar 2, 2003.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The Spurs will win the NBA title this year. Stamp it and send it...

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Kings have the Mavericks number pretty well, so I wouldn't worry about them.

The Spurs lately though seem to have the Kings number. They're playing very fluid ball much like the Kings, and Mavericks, but they are probably the best collective defensive team out there. Unless the Lakers who are very inconsistent this year, play like they used to, I think the Spurs will win it all this year. And even if the Lakers do play like their old selves, I still think the Spurs would win. Also Tony Parker isn't overrated IMO. For someone that's 20, he gets the offense moving without having to score a lot of points, and he scores his points within the offense by taking open shots, instead of playing ISO 1 on 1 plays like our guard, Steve.

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

It's amazing how much of LA's "champion metality" vanished into thin air when Shaq was in street clothes this season. :p

Since your talking about bets, my playoff bets include - Vlade won't tap a rebound out to the 3 point line, Peja won't have a twisted ankle, and the Kings will make a lot more FT's.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think the Kings win. I think the Spurs are too young at the point.
    And too old at center. I dont think David Robison can hold out threw a whole playoff. His back is always giving him problems.

5. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I'm going to say the Spurs...

I look at their lineup and all I see are a bunch of scrubs, I mean, a team with not even half the depth of a Kings or Mavs team...and all they have is Duncan. It's just a testament to how great of a player he really is. MVP no question.

And in the playoffs, it's not how about how much depth your team has...or about how good your coaching is...or even the offense you run. Sure, they help, but it's all about the players. Players win playoff series, teams lose them.

The team with the best player on it will make it to the finals. It just seems to work out that way...

6. pchan

pchan Member

I think the kings has as good a chance as anyone else, in fact, unless something really radical happen, this year should be the kings best chance.
    they have all the pieces, if they have the will, they'll be the champion. I still have some doubts about Webber, he needs to prove himself in the playoff

7. bajabill

bajabill Member

If SA, and especially D-Rob, go into the playoffs 100% healthy, you can ship the title, trophy and rings to SA. And, if mgmt can talk TD out of Kidd and sign Kandi, you can build a permanent residence there for the trophy. Parker will soon be acknowleged as one of the best PG in the L, which he already is. Manu is solid as a rock at the 2G; Duncan is the MVP. SAC is a great team, but the title goes to TD with a great supporting crew.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If you've stuck with the Royals all that time, props to you. They will win it all this year. The ingredients are there. Talent -- and last year's disappointment.

Now, be smart -- learn to love the Rox on their ride to Ring City, Cluth City USA!

9. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

If Sac meets the Lakers in the first round, don't expect them to do anything this year. Even if they can beat L.A. they'll be too beat up and tired to go on and beat teams liks Dallas or the Spurs.

The best thing that can happen to the Kings is if LA goes againts either the Mav's or the Spurs. If that can happen, Sac is a lock for the Finals.

10. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

How does a team with a 10 deep rotation get tired playing the Lakers? Chasing Horry, Fox and Fischer out to the 3pt line? :D

11. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

If they can beat a team like the Lakers without losing too many games, then I think they should have enough "umph" to make it to the finals, but if they barely make it past the Lakers, they might be hit pretty hard mentally.

Considering a lot of people are now calling the Spurs the next champions, how will they feel going into San Antonio realizing that they almost lost to a team that should have been beat single handily (Lakers would be the underdog by far.)

12. 101 6 7

101 6 7 Member

From a national (and realistic) perspective, the Lakers will NOT be an underdog to any team in the playoffs. Phil may talk about it as such, but it just isn't so. 3 time defending champs; an absolutely SICK playoff road record; I hate them; but I give it up to them; they are the favorites until they are beaten.

13. carayip

carayip Member

The team with the best player tends to win the championship.

14. Apollo Creed

Thanks for paraphrasing my post...:D

15. carayip

carayip Member

Huh I was refering to Kobe.

16. Apollo Creed

Well, the original point of my post was that the team with the best player will win...

Where we differ was who we think the best player is. (Something you didn't even mention in your post that I quoted). And I was kidding, geez!

And Kobe better than Duncan? Suuuuuure.

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I hope your don't have the same attitude they will get their butts handed to them. The Lakers are champs and everyone knows the Lakers are unstoppable when Shaq is healthy. If Shaq takes his meds during the playoffs, it is over. Vlade is getting too old to deal with Shaq for a whole series.

18. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

i think the kings won it all last year, but dick bavetta plays for the lakers. so i think theyll win it this year.

now, what do YOU think of the rockets, joel? ;)