1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

kimbo slice dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 6, 2016.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You must be a real joy to have at parties lol.

Anyhow Kimbo did a lot more than that. He busted his ass and had a career in MMA. He also used to be in other underground fights too. He had a crazy ass one with a huge cop from Boston, Sean Gannon. Kimbo got busted up pretty good in that fight.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I want to fight you in a backyard or parking lot. Right now.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

<style>.embed-container { position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.25%; height: 0; overflow: hidden; max-width: 100%; } .embed-container iframe, .embed-container object, .embed-container embed { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; }</style><div class='embed-container'><iframe src='https://www.youtube.com/embed/nPCMTHz5Qws' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

4. Indaface

Indaface Member

Loved watching the Kimbo fights in the early days of Youtube and always followed his career when he transitioned to MMA.

Only season of Ult Fighter I ever watched was because he was in it.

Say what you want about him but he was a draw every time he fought.

RIP KIMBO

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm going to guess it turned into a full p*rn site redirect? Can't forget Kimbo's roots.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Three months ago Kimbo fought D5 and Slice was so exhausted he could barely stand or throw a punch - something was obviously wrong with him and he had a new fight set. Did he have any sort of physical before fighting DaDa? It seems basic testing could have picked up a heart in such poor condition it needed immediate replacement.

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

RIP Kimbo, met him a couple times down here in Miami.

He was a great guy & he always spread positivity, some you guys here could've learned a lot from him.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You'd think so... But unfortunately sometimes things are overlooked (even on purpose in some cases), and unless they did tests outside of a basic physical it sometimes can be hard to dx.

Being these last fights were smaller I wonder how much of a physical they'd even have to do to sign off. It's frustrating when some basic tests could have changed things around. I mean if the latest info is true (heart failure/mass in liver), even though he wasn't on big ticket you'd think someone could have done a better job. Obviously he might have known and could have hid some of it too, but regardless I think the protocol should be better for athletes (even non-main ticket fights), the event coordinators/managers etc should do more to protect these guys, but I think greed plays a factor. I also think MMA guys should get provided better health coverage if the purse is on the low-end, but the coordinator/sponsors are still making bank.

RIP, Kimbo. Definitely went way too young.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well they did drug testing and the win was vacated in his last fight because he tested positive (actually both fighters did) for anabolic steroids and high levels of testosterone....pretty much the perfect combination to kill your heart at a fairly young age. He was training for another fight when he died, probably still juicing.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Right, I just read about that after post... Very good point.