1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KILT] McGrady Learning "a LOT" in Camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Oct 4, 2004.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

First of all, I never said he was phony, I said when you keep saying the samething it sounds phony after a while. Prove it on the court, until then we have all these great quotes, but they are meaningless. I never said McGrady was a liar so thanks for putting words in my mouth also.

Secondly, if you want evidence of what McGrady does when times get tough, just look at his last stop in the NBA.

Third, lets dispel a myth in this thread right now. McGrady didn’t come here to play for JVG, he came here to play with Yao. So all the comments about, why would he come here if he didn’t like JVG or couldn’t handle it are really irrelevant. He would have come here no matter who was coaching.

Lastly, I love all this psychoanalysis of my posts, but I’m not the one with the problem. Look at how fans have reacted to Steve Kerr’s comments about McGrady buying into JVG’s system. Last time I checked, Kerr wasn’t a Steve Francis only fan. So would some of you guys please let me know his motivation for hating on Tracy McGrady. Its good that you guys are excited, but really we will see what happens when the season starts. And that’s all that really matters.

2. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Later maybe. But not right now.

Jeff is part of the Clutch Crew. And I don't care if he reports that Tmac stopped by Safeway and got a PowerAid. Let him post it! If you don't want to read it. Don't click on the link.

A hypotheical..."Tmac spotted at Safeway!"
    Jeff: "I saw Tmac at Safway on Richmond. I asked him how he likes Houston..."
    TMac: "It's great. I love it."

pgabriel : "He's just saying that! All new players say the same thing! Does this really deserve a thread?!" :mad: Grumble, grumble...

Heh...anyways....
    Once the season starts, we'll have real game news. In the mean time we will grovel for scap news (however trivial). Then, once in for all, you'll stop your Francis-loving because you finally see why we didn't like the guys game in the first place.

You ask how do you and Kerr differ? His job is to be critical analysis about ALL players/teams. As he has been about Francis too (have you?)! That's the difference. Plus he a former pro. That gives him at least *some* crediblity.

#82 DavidS, Oct 5, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

No thanks professor. We're not going to make an effort to be a little more anything today. I think we'll let you alone with your reasonableness and groundness when it comes to the Houston Rockets. We'll go with our strawman understanding of things and let ourselves get pumped and excited about the Rockets because when it comes to one's favorite sports team, its not like you say, just about your sleepy reasonablness,, it's just about rabidness.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Alright. That's fine. If I reproach a group for being "sunshine asses" (to borrow a term from the old HeyPartner days), you can consider yourself excused from the criticism. If reason isn't your goal then there is no reason you should be reproached. I'll try to reserve that stuff for other people.

This thread isn't so much about whether you take an optimistic approach anyway, at least not to me. I jumped in because of a startling amount of intolerance for those who are a bit more wary of the prospects of the future. If someone (especially if that person was a known communist... err, "McGrady hater" like pgabriel) expresses any reservations about current developments, there's a 3-page pile-on to make sure he is either bullied into silence, buried in the counter-arguments of his opposition, or else marginalized as some kind of lunatic fringe.

It's funny, I used to be a sunshine ass back in the days of "the greatest team ever assembled." I used to roll my eyes at the self-proclaimed "realists." Now, it seems like I'm on the other side. I wonder what happened.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't really have a cat in this fight but, all I can say is, Francis is gone and TMac is here! Life is good!

:)

6. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I understand ya but... the season has yet to begin, there is nothing coming out of the rockets camp this season because of the astros, one would not know the rockets were 4 days into training camp without these little soundbites KILT is giving us, so if Tracy Mcgrady soundbites about his mancrush on JVG is all they are putting out there for the fans right now than thats what is going to be talked about, thats the ray of sunlight on thy happy ass. but I also know that once the season begins, that a few dark clouds of reality will block out some of the sunlight after direct observation of gameplay, you won't have to assume someone doesnt mean what they say and say what they mean, there will be the new facts of the new season to critique and woe over. Then is when I will say 'listen to that man over there, there is reason to his reason'

7. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Conspiritor, suck up, politically correct TMAC when asked about Rocket practice diabolically made a comment (sort of first impression)- "I am learning alot"

Quickly covert, special forces, operatives on the BBS exposed the meaningless dribble for what it is- a comment to the biased, government controlled media

Courageously several patriots (fans) made a swift counterstrike assuming the ridiculous propaganda that McGrady made was simply a sincere interview comment.

Several Rockets Execs have yet to step forward and defend themselves!

Morpheus and Trinity are jacking in to try to stop this debate before Neo is exposed.

8. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

How is it strawman understanding? If you check through the thread I actually made no mention whether I believe what TMac said and quite frankly I don't. So I don't think I am being overtly optimistic, as you so nicely put it.

As for Pgab, let's conduct a simple survey on the forum. If anybody on GARM saw Pgab post anything that doesn't involve Steve Francis in any way for more than say... 20 times last year let him say "aye." I'd think you'd find that number rather low.

It's not just with TMac either. Last season it was Yao vs. Steve, JVG vs. Rudy T, oh and of course, Les the cheapskate for forcing Rudy to go.

Now maybe I don't hang on cf.net enough (shame on me, I know), but I think intentionally or not Pgab comes off as a SOF. Now it could be just me, if Jr members, Sr members, contributing members, clutch crew, unrespected members and respected members all came up with the same conclusion. I mean, it would be nice and refreshing to see Pgab not whine about something that allegedly victimizes Steve Francis once in a while.

9. yahooforyao

yahooforyao Member

This is nothing scocking, considering his extreme personality. One day hes having revelations about basketball, the next month he'll be saying something with the same magnitude, ONLY NEGATIVE!like I demand a Trade..:mad:

Glad im a Magic Fan now...

10. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Contributing Member

11. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

The Houston Rockets will make the NBA finals.

12. DavidS

;)

#92 DavidS, Oct 6, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  13. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

You know, I’m not really trying to be a hater, but lets refrain from posting every positive estimation from yourself. Its just training camp. What else are you going to say. I’m sure u said all the right things going into previous seasons. I think pgabriel’s quote is more on the money.

;)

14. DavidS

dragon167, most people agree that the Rox should get to the 2nd round (reasonable predictions). And that not just pgabriel’s opinion. His "wrong opinion" was that we should NOT be interested about happy-go-lucky comments from TMac towards JVG. That has nothing to do with *great expectaions.* But rather, we're just getting excited about the upcoming season.

As far as Fegwu's post. It's part *inside joke* part "soothsayer." ;)

#94 DavidS, Oct 7, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  15. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

16. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

DavidS, go back to page 1 and read pgabriel’s 1st post. Just a little joke. :D

17. DavidS

Ooops! You got me! :p

I tried to forget that *first post*

18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Aww man. You guys broke the ;) streak.