1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KILT 610: Morey on NOW! (9:30am)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lpbman, Jan 23, 2008.

1. lpbman

lpbman Member

2. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

3. lpbman

lpbman Member

Dunno just flipped it on.

4. lpbman

lpbman Member

Morey back on.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Are they going to fog up the seating sections behind the backboards with DDT to alleviate the depth perception problem currently keeping Tmac from connecting on his off-balance 21 footers with 21 seconds left on the clock?

6. dram1

dram1 Member

He said they are monitoring Tracy's aggressiveness. Admits that he needs to take it to the rack more.

7. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

The 610 morning show is so boring it's unbearable. 1560 is where it's at.

8. lpbman

lpbman Member

MAN you ain't lying.... unbearable. I.... I cant even describe the garbage entering my ears at this moment.... it ends now.

9. lpbman

lpbman Member

Recap:
    Mcgrady day to day... hoping he gets better while playing obviously will reevaluate if it gets worse.

Need to catch Portland, played over their heads w/ easy schedule and close/overtime games.

Break in schedule, momentum, rookies playing well and return of Tmac..."All signs positive right now"

Caller to Morey "Check TMAC's heart, not his knee!"
    Morey ~Uhh yeah we monitor how often tmac takes it to the rack but he's good anyway

Morey going scouting in Europe.
    NO for real if they stay healthy.

10. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

No one mentions the "pressure" Morey was under from Les about relieving the luxury tax strain? :confused:

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The 'alleged' pressure, if you please. ;)

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That one guy blasted Tracy with a bazooka (and I agreed with everything he said). They shut him down early.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

problem is the guys on 1560 are so pretentious it hurts the show. Only about 40% of the time when I turn it on do I actually hear sports talk. 20% of the time its commercials and the other 40% of the time they're being idiotic...which they find funny.

Then 790, the morning show is kind of strange now. But I think better than before. Craig Roberts is a nutcase...but there's no pretentiousness to him, so it's kind of funny...but too crazy.

I end up constantly flipping.

As for the Rockets, it's all about winning. I don't care if Tracy shoots 30% and jumpers all the time, if the Rockets win with him, that's better...if they could win the championship, that's ideal.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

To check up on Eliyahu & Newley or looking at next year's draft?

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yeah when I was working last year I'd listen to sports radio around the clock. The morning was just kind of a dead space, I'd basically just settle for ESPN on 97.5 until Justice came on at 10, and if John and Lance were being particularly obnoxious I'd wait till 11. Houston sports radio in the morning truly is awful; sometimes I'll listen to 610 or 790 if they're talking about the Rockets, but I can't stand college football and that takes up like 80% of all sports radio talk in the fall and like 30-40% any other time. And when they do talk about the Rockets they usually have opinions so uninformed that I feel myself losing sports knowledge listening to it. It's basically just, "what's up with that! rafer sucks".

I do agree about Craig Roberts at least, he needs to be crazier more often, and I have hopes that this will happen as he continues to age and get into that senile range beyond 70. Can't say the same about Rich Lord though. As he becomes a senior, that guy will only revert to infancy and start talking nonstop about himself and his daily problems. They'll have to finally fire him once he prattles on about his bowel movements on air.

16. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Does the Calvin Murphy show still come on 97.5. Every time I tune in they have have somebody else on.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That's a good thing.

18. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

You would be correct sir... it comes on nightly around 6-8 hours (Central Time.)

So great to hear Mr. Murphy!