1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kids these days are idiots] Another racist frat boy caught in the act

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by s land balla, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

What pouhe said. The black rapper had a national audience by magazine publication. She's a media figure whose words can reach millions.

slandballa thinks a frat kid emailing between his frat boys is comparable, but it's not.

2. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Yall gotta be trolling with the Azaelia Banks thing.

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The fact that he only wanted hot minority girls at the party bothered me less than the fact that he feels entitled to rape any girls that show up, even if his frat bros intend to discourage such behavior. Both sentiments are idiotic, but only one is a crime that could ruin someone's life.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

exactly.

Where's the outrage over Azealia Banks' comments? Or does she *shhhhh* get a hypocritical pass for some reason?

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

We can go to the Banks thread if we want to talk about Banks. As for this one, i m not seeing why I'm supposed to care what racist stuff this kid has to say. Echo the sentiment that his demeaning attitude toward women is worse than his attitude toward minorities.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's a shame that someone thinks it's okay to be so misogynistic, and is also a racist. But more than that I'm concerned why a supposedly private conversation is out in the public.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, the "F consent" part of the email is much more offensive and damaging than the racial slur.

I'd much rather my daughter get called a name in an email than date-raped...

8. Remii

Remii Member

Interesting how the kid calls his friends "my *****s"... Lol...

There's a lot of sexual violence towards women in this country... So if you have daughters (a white daughter in this case)... These are the type of dudes you have to worry about.

9. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I think someone in the fraternity forwarded it to university authorities.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

What a sicko .... This is not the first or last criminal frat boy. I remember many of them were dealing too... And as everyone knows: raping.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Ziggy probably sent the email around lol

12. Nook

Nook Member

This.

I don't agree with his racism and I certainly don't agree to his misogynistic attitude.... but he has the right to his opinion.

What is most troubling is that there seems to be NO consideration of privacy anymore in this country. I have had employees tell me many terrible things that I did not agree with (including an employer confessing he battled hating my ethnicity).... and it was said in private, and it remains private...

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

In the same place it was when Nugent makes his comments.

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Oooh... racism.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I love the fact that only "N" was highlighted, but no one gave two ****s about curry monster or slant eyed.

16. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The more you make something socially taboo, the more stupid kids who want to appear edgy and cool will naturally run right to it.

17. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

For almost every racist white frat kid I've personally seen or heard spew hate, I've heard just as many racist black frat kids spew the same hate. We just couldn't record any of it on cell phones back in the mid-90's when I was in college.

This isn't isolated to just one specific ethnicity or group. It just only seems to garner media attention if it's white people saying racist things.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As others have pointed out black racism stems from actual wrongs and injustices that were done to a race based on the color of their skin. Racism from whites stems from a perceived and institutional superiority etc.

Racism from any group toward any groups isn't good. But only racism from one group has done hundreds of years of damage and stems from the group that has always been in power.

Hopefully we can lower racism from every group, but the damage from racism isn't even close to being the same.

1 person likes this.
  19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Or the obvious reference to RAPE....

20. dback816

dback816 Member

Because only one group of people was enslaved for four hundred years and deserves the attention of the American public.