1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kid in group home goes to church to ask someone to adopt him

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ferrari77, Oct 17, 2013.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2013...meone-anyone-adopt-h/?preventMobileRedirect=1

2. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I don't get it.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, that would be something Christ would do... :grin:

5. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

a lot of sad stories like that, i used to work in a care facility, kinda like a group home, we housed the worst of the worst, kids 12-18 years old with the highest grade of precaution, they were in constant crisis, their expected life span was about 24 years, 90% of them were on medication probably 95%, the place i was at pretty much was bank rolling the state for the funding they provided for these high risk kids, many of them needed psychiatric help and very few were ready to be on their own after they were kicked out at 18,

i happened to run into a few of them outside of the place after i had left, none of them wanted anything to do with me, a lot of people hired to work there were hired to be able to physically handle these kids cause of all the confrontations they would get into, a few really bright and gifted kids too, but thy had no where or no one

6. esteban

esteban Member

If Barry had a son, he would look like Davion. Bary needs to adopt Davion, there is plenty of rooms for this kid at Barry's house, and the girls need a brother too.

Yes we can!

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

This isn't the D&D forum.

8. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Somebody is a bit butthurt in life...
    [​IMG]

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

Really Dude.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I may look into adoption eventually...
    ... but it is a big leap to take.
    I have 2 kids of my own and one on the way.

First, I don't want to raise 4 kids. Not in a mean way... just I'm exhausted thinking about the 3rd one. We're done.

But what about as they grow older? Do I think adoption is a noble thing to do? Absolutely. Do I want to really consider it, sure? But this kids case is a good example of the precautions. Not that a special family/parent couldn't have taken him in previously, but it seems most likely that any of those placements would have failed, short of him being adopted really really young, because of his built up anger. He seems to be on the right path now... but how do you know... how do you take the risk to bring him into your home with your kids even if they are of the same age?

It's a tough one... and more power to those who do. I'm sure in a majority of cases it is very fulfilling and life changing for all parties.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Nor is it the short bus forum, but he keeps posting here!