1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Key to season: Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Sep 30, 2015.

1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Reggie Evans over Terrence Jones in 2013..you post too much son lol.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

LOL dobro you know dude doesn't like to be wrong or proven wrong. Ever since Jones exceeded his prediction of not being a rotational player in this league. He's been on this every year rampage about Jones being traded to every no named player is better. Dude is consistently wrong but hey lol he did get one trade Scenario right. And who knows Jones might get traded after the all star break. If he does, how much you wanna bet he come on here and say I told you so.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And you do. Lol I'm going to ask you again, what professional nba team are you scouting or coaching for?

4. basketballholic

LOL. I've forgot more basketball than you'll ever even know.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Says the one who is constantly wrong and thinks they're some pro scout by watching youtube videos and some games on tv. You've always tried to convince people you have this make believe "blueprint" on what exactly a championship team is

Umm there's a reason why players are called role players. You need those on a championship team. There's nothing that says this or that role player needs to be elite at anything. Players can be solid and still be contributors. Learn what a role player is first

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Your funny I can't Believe I just read that you actually think there is a possiblity that tjones wouod be waived mid season!!!! WOW..... On what planet has a restricted 23 year old player who's started over 80 games on a conteder ever been waived mid season?

I can dig some of your post and do see u love basketball but your jones distaste is making you sound like a basketball novice. First of all there's not way that jones can't be traded for at very worst 2 second round picks and that's at worst. I'm not a jones homer but I also recognize that a guy under 24 who's put up 12/7 2 years running is not some scrub that would get waived that's comical.

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You should see if your parents will take you to get a trophy or a ribbon custom made

8. basketballholic

If we cannot find a suitable trade for Terrence and he digresses this year like he did last year....and Morey finds a cheap replacement in free agency, he very well could waive Terrence if he needs his roster spot, while simultaneously dipping below the luxury tax. I think Terrence will be traded. But in fairness to all the possibilities, it is worth mentioning that he could be waived. In case you haven't noticed...removing Terrence's salary drops us out of the luxury tax. I do not think Terrence will be waived. But...I can see the possibility of it developing to that point if we cannot trade Terrence for anything of value.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Allow me to digress, i think the word you're looking for is regress ;)

I think the problem here is what you're saying reads like exaggeration said for dramatic purposes. Sure he could be waived, but the chances of that happening are probably a fair bit lower than 1%.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I don't think Jones has regressed offensively or defensively. I believe he hasn't shown the ability to transform his game during big moments of important close games to help us win. He's playing a pretty good place holder though. His performance is exactly what I expect out of a role player.

If you really do know that much about basketball, who are you? Did you play, coach, scout, or do anything in the league? Were you involved in the NCAA or overseas ball? Sorry for the digression, but if we knew who you were or what your career experience was/is, we might all understand where you're coming from. You might know more than all of us, but it would help me and probably others to know that.

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

TJones is not the key to the season.

He's just not the player some of you make him out to be. Yes, he has his moments, but TJ isn't a starting PF on a Championship team...Dude is a sieve on D and lacks consistency. He can help CC until DMo gets back. But, TJ has ALWAYS had much less upside than DMo. There isn't going to be some magical transformation now. I don't look for a big trade this year ..unless an extraordinary opportunity presents itself. The one caveat to this (a big deal) is if DMo can't get that back well. But all reports indicate that he'll eventually be fine. Nevertheless, the one move I DO see going down is this guy getting dealt.

Regarding PF, it's about having a healthy DMo AND CC.....

THE KEY IS US STAYING HEALTHY, PERIOD. THAT'S IT.

#251 Plowman, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"TJones for a second rounder, sign Reggie Evans."

That's basketball acumen for you ladies and gentleman.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He's not a starting OF but Mchale kept starting him when healthy. Why is that Plowman? Are y'all saying that you know more basketball than a HOF power forward who has been apart of this league for a mighty mighty long time?

I don't think anybody is hyping up Jones like that. People are saying he's playing like a young role player should. Do he needs some improvement, no doubt. But right now the coach views him as a starter, why can't you?

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Ding

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Our key Player Jones rose from No 156 to 116 in the ESPN ranking

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Since January 3, 2015, DMo has started every game he played. Jones has only started since January 3, 2015 when DMo was hurt or DMo started at center. McHale obviously views Dmo, if healthy, as the starter. Granted, Jones's play may change that opinion.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

But he regressed last season according to seasoned veteraned experts here

18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Actually #112. (A cool 20 spots ahead of Josh Smith for those keeping score)

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Correct. Mistaken for another spot

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah its hilarious that they responded to that troll post of mine... and yes it was a troll post to get them to further expose their stupid agenda.

The Rockets have SEVERE depth issues right now (watch tonight at how much the Rockets have to go small due to lack of big depth) in maybe their most important season of the past two decades depending on what happens with Dwight past this year. The hate for Jones has "anti-fans" on here willing to sacrifice wins this year to prove a point.... what a joke.

Is Jones replaceable in a vacuum.... hell yeah. The guy is decent to good, but not great. That's not the point. The Rockets are hard capped with no avenue for upgrading.... and no... Reggie Evans is not an upgrade. Jeremy Tyler is not an upgrade... and even Montrezl, who I HOPE will eventually be an upgrade, is most likely NOT an upgrade as a 2nd round raw rookie. If he beats out Terrence Jones and Donatas ALREADY as a rookie then the Rockets struck gold while riding a unicorn through Neverland.... history shows that rookie years are hard on young players, and veteran players with way less talent almost always beat out rookies for PT because they know the sets, they have the trust of the coaches, and know how to play competent defense with their knowledge more than their young legs.

So... are there better PF's out there than Terrence Jones..... F Yes... of course. Id love to have any one of them.

Are there better ones that can be replaced on a 2mil salary that don't cost multiple draft picks or other valuable players in a trade.... hell no. I hate to break it to the juveniles on the board here, but Terrence Jones is probably the best we can get this year unless you are willing to move an Ariza, Brewer, or multiple young players. Better get used to seeing him this year.