1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Key to beating Golden State

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, May 7, 2018.

?

Our chances of beating the Warriors in the WCF will depend on..

1. Harden & CP3 playing well.

19 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Our bench outplaying theirs.

23 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Our defense taking it up a notch.

34 vote(s)
    31.2%
  4. Capela playing like he has this entire post season.

20 vote(s)
    18.3%
  5. The Warriors having a few bad shooting nights.

13 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Make Durant, curry, and Thompson drives to the basketball. I rather have them face GOD-PELA than shooting the 3s.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Key.....

Score at least 1 pt more than the enemy. Or keep the rival at least 1 pt below our score.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Get in Donkey's head and have him ejected or in serious foul trouble.

Have Klay and Steph take bad shots all series....... let Durant have his.......he can't drop 40+ every game.

cdxiong likes this.
  4. rocketstrike

rocketstrike Member

Make more shots than they do

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  5. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Agree, contain splash brothers and play one on one on Durant. Let the other guys beat you.

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He shoots good in Minnesota too but that wasn’t enough to get his sorry ass off the bench. Pj is hitting that corner 3 at a nice clip and luc will get the pf minutes off the bench. I don’t see Anderson contributing but it’d be nice.

Every facet of our game has to be clicking on all cylinders to beat this warrior team. We have to string together the best four games we’ve played all year in a seven game stretch. Anything less than flawless probably won’t get it done.

Hakeemtheking and 1Deep like this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Shot selection, controlling the pace, and transition D are the big keys for me. They want to get up and down and score in transition. We won't be able to out-shoot them in that kind of game. We have to shut that down by being smart on offense and locked in on D.

Hakeemtheking and 1Deep like this.
  8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I don't disagree. If we are up 2-1 going to game 4 or something you don't change anything. If we are down 2-1 and it isn't looking good in game four I think you give Ryan some burn. Nothing to lose at that point.

But yea as long as PJ can keep sticking that corner 3. What I think Ryno used to provide was max space with his launching of 26 footers and the threat of them going. More space is better for everyone.

We will see. I know I am hungry to knock those little sh*ts off their pedestal.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  9. jboslett

jboslett Member

Luc isn’t doing so much that his or Nene’s minutes can’t go to Anderson. Since NeNe essentially can’t jump anymore, I wouldn’t be surprised to see even less of him.

When we need points I hope to see him in there expanding their defense. Same with GG, who has been an absolute disaster defensively.

10. UrbanEnterprise

The real key is limiting their role players.

West, Livingston, Iggy, Cook, Young, McGee, Looney, Zaza

Curry, Klay, Dray, Durant can get you 80 by themselves but it's the other guys that make momentum shots that we need to be worried about.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not saying this is invalid advice, but the Rockets ran with the Warriors and won on opening night.

A lot of teams that do beat the Warriors do it by beating them at their own game, rather than forcing them into a phone booth.

From opening night:

[​IMG]

D-rock, DavidRocket and tmoney1101 like this.
  12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Rockets have beat them twice this year without "everything" clicking.

This Capela is not something the Warriors have ever faced.

3 factors for the Rockets to beat the Warriors.

Rebounding...Turnovers...Defense

If the Rockets can beat the Warriors in these three categories more often than not, then they will win the series.

D-rock, Hakeemtheking and DavidRocket like this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

^^^ THIS.

Hate it when people look ahead.

Let's not pull a Tracy McGrady against Milwaukee here: "I've never been in the second round." And you never will be. Granted, this would be the third round. But still.

Or Jay Williams of (barf!) Duke, overheard by Indiana coach Mike Davis asking his teammates, "Who we playin' on Saturday?" Or something like that (I might have the day wrong). The point being, he was already looking ahead, looking PAST Indiana. And LOST.

One thing at a time.

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  14. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Good point. I think that may be why we deliberately played at such a slow pace toward the end of the season. We can play with them in the half court, but nobody can play with them in transition running up and down the court.

15. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Believe me if we lose 3 in a row to the Jazz with 2 of those games being played in Houston it surely won't be because we (fans not players) looked ahead.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I want to know what people think of this. Guard Durant with Capela. Watching New Orleans, I see them put smaller guys like Holiday on him. Those are basically uncontested shots for KD, and I don't think it would be much different with Ariza, Luc, or PJ. So my thought is, if KD wants to fall in love with that post-up turn around jumper, make him shoot it over Clint. If he wants to drive by Clint that,s fine, but at least make him finish at the basket instead of shooting essentially uncontested mid-range shots.

#36 T for 3, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hypothetical is hypothetical. Someone asked and peeps have the courtesy to answer.

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

We’ve been talking about this series all year long. So far all this jinxing has amounted to 2 playoff losses. I think we’ll be ok.

The Jazz had a good run but their playoff journey ends tomorrow in Houston.

1Deep likes this.
  19. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Foreelz, I think Capela is the key. That's not to say we don't (desperately) need Harden and, to a lesser extent, Pau and our role playersl to play well, but I expect that they will.

Capela can be the guy that puts us over the top if he keeps up his play. The problem is that Dray has owned him this season. It's honestly the only matchup that really worries me in that series.

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Protect home court at all costs. The beauty of having home court advantage is that you will advance to the finals even if you lose every game at Oracle arena as long as you don't lose at home.