1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Key adjustment made in Game 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. anonmau5

anonmau5 Member

Carl Herrera is due for some DaDakota treatment. It might bring him back in line.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

3. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Whats funny is that all these "fans" most common complaint about the Rockets is that they aren't playing with heart.

So, yea coming out and playing harder with more energy = Heart?

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think whats being vastly overlooked is how McHale changed his rotations up. resting Harden at the end of 1 and 3 instead of at the beginningof 2/4 seemed to make a difference. As well as, you know, not waiting halfway thru those quarters to see him play. I also noticed Dwights changed a little as well.

Of course Smith starting is the obvious rotation switch but its just one of many I noticed.

Also, I really liked how we started the game in full court press. That's what bev always did and we as a team kinda came out and played bevs style of defense where we were constantly in their face. I think this pestered them, not a lot, but atleast some.

Also another key adjustment, was the double teaming on Blake Griffin at the seemingly perfect time and sometimes providing very solid traps.

The effort was huge because guys really rotated and closed out well because we were being much more aggressive defensively, which is more our style of defense.

5. 757dstreet

757dstreet Member

This! Love This!

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Effort was part of it.

Finally shook off the rust

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Jordan foul troubles help greatly, like it did in G2.

Adjustments of note to me (somewhat a blur so just what I recall). He was quicker to sub when things start to go the wrong way and to rest them and kept them fresh. He was quicker to disrupt the run from the Clippers (he choose to hack-a-Jordan as needed and more wisely) and to bring Harden back earlier. He rest Harden earlier in the 1st (maybe b/c sick) and brought him back for the 2nd to (for me) avoid the 2nd Q collapse that happen in every games prior. He again hack Jordan in the 4th and kept Howard off the court to do so. And when Howard got hack in the 4th, he pulled him immediately. He USE CAPELA!!! Capella is a good energy guy, however raw. Love the way he play. IOW, he respond quickly and timely in this game. He didn't wait or let go of the pressure. He was much more discipline and took less chance and risk.

8. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Yes. Those double-teaming on Blake was HUGE! I said to myself, finally they start doubling him up and forcing him to pass.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

We out NBA-ed them.

10. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Clown thread, bro.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, that's been one of the more overlooked changes in this series that's bugged me. Capela's minutes have gone down significantly compared to the first round. Now in part that's due to Dwight now playing in the mid-to-high 30's in minutes, but that still leaves 10-12 minutes where we have no center on the floor. Instead of going with the tandem of Smith and Jones(or going really small with Ariza at the 4), I'd like to see Capela get more time. If he commits dumb fouls or can't finish around the hoop, then you pull him. But at least give him a chance. He was 4-4 from the field yesterday.