1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale: "We'll Have 4 or 5 Young Guys on our Team"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Machado, Jul 19, 2012.

1. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I love our rooks, but have been wondering if the reason we are so happy with them is because there are so many of them:

1.When evaluating our rooks, do we give them a break because whatever one lacks, it seems another has in spades? Would we be harder on any of them if we only had the one? Royce's shooting, but we have Lamb for that. Lamb's disinterested look is covered up by Jones' motor, etc etc.

2. Are we unnaturally positive about them because our summer league team simply had more good players than other summer league teams. Did that create a positive feel, because we were winning, which opened up each of their games moreso -- as the other team had no where specific to focus to shut us down.

Either way, I'm satisfied. Loved watching them in summer league, and looking forward to watching them crack into the NBA together, assuming none are traded away. And I'm hoping they do get to stay together, because they seem to compliment each other so well -- and, of course, basketball is a team game.

2. Machado

Machado Member

I don't know why Les and Daryl are so intent on facilitating the Orlando Magic's rise to contention.

This guy's going to give up Lamb, D-Mo, White, K Mart's expiring contract and great draft picks for a guy who's gonna tell us to

[​IMG]

after the season.

3. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

If i remember correctly, he was referring to 4-5 young rotation players from the summer league. Problably includes Jones, DMo, White, Lamb, and Parsons, but you guys are reading too much into it. He could've just said a random number on the top of his head.

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I think he was talking about;
    Bill Walton, Antoine Walker, Brian Scalabrine, and Wes Welker