1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale out for Mother's death

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 10, 2013.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I wonder if McHale's family lives here or back in Minnesota?

He does have (an)other kid(s), right?

It could be that someone in his family---wife, kid(s)---has been having a rough go of it since the anniversary crept up and he hasn't had the chance to go be with them until now.

Or maybe he himself simply needs the time off. Burying oneself in work doesn't always make everything easier.

Hope all is well (enough) soon.

1 person likes this.
  2. moose

moose Member

Pulled this fact form Wiki

20%of people with lupus will have a parent or sibling who already has lupus or may develop lupus.

Really hope this isn't the case :(

3. mig0s

mig0s Member

hope everything's fine...

On another note, do you guys think Kelvin has head coach potential?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...h-kevin-mchale-misses-second-day-of-practice/

Rockets head coach Kevin McHale missed a second straight day of practice on Wednesday. He is out for a personal family matter, according to the team.

There is no word on when McHale will return or if he will travel with the Rockets on their upcoming West Coast road trip to Portland Thursday, Golden State Friday and Sacramento on Sunday.

Assistant coach Kelvin Sampson has taken over coaching duties in McHale’s absence.

Sampson said he had a long talk with McHale on Wednesday morning. Of McHale’s return, Sampson said, “that’s his call.”

Guard James Harden said that he was praying for his coach and that the team misses having him around.

“Its tough,” Harden said. “He is our leader. He is our mentor. It’s a sad story for his family. We are praying for him and hoping he can come back soon, whenever he is ready,” Harden said.

5. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

jeebus! what happened!

6. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Sounds serious when everybody keeps saying McHale is in their prayers...:(:confused:

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

man. even now every time i see mchale one of the first things i think of is last year.

let's hope and pray things turn out as well as possible.

8. hltiki

hltiki Member

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Damn, I don't like the sound of this...

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this actually sounds really really bad. The team probably knows which is why Lin was like that. I pray its not one of his other kids... :(

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Man. McHale can't catch a break.

12. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Hope everything is ok

13. nono

nono Member

That would be sickening.

14. nono

nono Member

I don't think it's something very bad, at least I hope not or the Rockets would have given some indication as to what happened. The team will surely be extra motivated against the Blazers tomorrow.

15. Nero

Nero Member

'When you bury a parent, you feel your own mortality. When you bury a child, you feel the death of your own immortality.' - can't remember where I heard this, but as a parent, it has always hit close to home. I sure hope McHale is not having anything that serious again.

1 person likes this.
  16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Wow...this is too similar to last year. Really feel for McHale, something you hate to see anyone go through.

17. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Doesn't sound good so far, I hope everything is okay for coach mchale and his family

18. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

His family lives back in minnesota. A couple of my dads law partners live at the same downtown apt/hotel thing as mchale and have chatted with him in the elevator. At least that's how it was last year. You never know how often these guys move. They are super rich and probably just get 6 month or one year leases.

19. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Says who? Its very possible to be nice and still be a competitive dedicated athlete.

20. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

I sincerely hope no one in his family has lupus. Everytime Ithink about mchales family problems I listen to j dilla. Dilla was a brilliant musical mind that also died early because of lupus