1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale: "Harden came in overweight" and more from TNT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

When Coach says you're out of shape, you're out of shape.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

OHHHHH HE TOLD HIM!
    [​IMG]

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He mentally shrunk from last year. He mentally checked out in a lot of games in the beginning of the season.

Why shouldn't the regular fan check out and hop off his bandwagon?

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's right.

Pear is a shape.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[​IMG]

6. basketballholic

Harden doesn't know what it means to be in shape because he's never been in shape. So, obviously he's going to say he wasn't out of shape. But it's obvious he's not taking care of himself in order to perform at his absolute peak and elongate his career. And only an absolute idiot would think otherwise.

Harden has out-of-the-planet talent. If he actually committed to a fitness regime that included proper diet and lifestyle adjustments like proper sleep habits along with strength and endurance training there's no telling what he could accomplish.

But if he continues to live the lifestyle he is currently living, staying out late, clubbing, boozing, and swinging he will shorten his career and cap down his ceiling.

Harden loves basketball. But he doesn't love basketball as much as Steph Curry does. And that's why Curry is the MVP and champion and Harden is not.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, not everyone can be a basketballholic can't they?

Well said this time

8. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I agree with some of Harden's habits -- but to say he's not a champion like Curry is a little far-fetched. Curry just happens to be in a damn good basketball team. Insert Harden in Golden State's lineup and I'm sure they'll keep winning.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

why people like to assume things like this is ridiculous. There's a ton of reasons why GS would not be the same team or as good but all I need to point out is JH does not provide the same openings Curry provides for that team. Simply replacing one player with another does not yield the same results. It does not work that way.

10. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Curry's practice habits and preparation are unreal. Add to that his shooting accuracy and year... GS would be different swapping Harden for Curry, both on the court and off it.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think Harden actually does provide the same openings. Sometimes even more.

It's not like Harden has a 43% three point shooting back-court mate or more importantly the best creating and most versatile big man in the game playing alongside him.

What Harden doesn't do. What NOBODY else in the NBA does, is require so much 1 on 1 attention because of the ability to hit a 3 pointer, with CRAZY efficiency, from anywhere at anytime.

And that's what makes the Warriors the best team ever through this point of the season. And that's what they wouldn't be with Harden. But they'd still be championship worthy.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

so no he does not provide the same openings on that team.

13. Mr. Clutch

Warriors defense would collapse with Harden on their team

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

depending what you're definition of "champion" is -- I find it to be someone who was a key component to winning a nba championship (so Adam Morrison isnt in my book - Shane Battier yes)

Curry though he wasnt the Finals MVP last season was the biggest reason why the Warriors were in the position they were in.

If anything he took last year's slight of not being the "players" MVP to heart and has been on a ridiculous scoring tear this season from 3pt land. The fact that he is going to not break but shatter the 3pt single season record he set the previous year - i believe he is on pace to be it by 100 three at the moment which is mind boggling.

Harden didnt come into shape its pretty obvious and its frightening that James said he didnt think he did. He wasnt by any means "fat" but he certainly wasn't in the same shape he was last season and it was pretty obvious too. I mean it worries me that a simple admission that everyone could see he believes wasn't correct - i mean is the guy that delusional? That would worry big time as a GM to have a all world talent with that sort of mentality.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

:eek:

Do you know something we don't?

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yeah tell that to Jordan and Wilt... :grin::grin:

But you're correct a lot of players have lots their correct and had it shortened because of that..

T_Man

18. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

[​IMG]

19. Mr. Clutch

Poll:

Will Harden gain or lose weight during the All-Star Break?

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

If he truly said that then that's very sad. If you cannot even own up to that, then I don't know what else to expect from him...