1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale 14th Best

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 26, 2015.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Brad Stevens 9 and Jason Kidd 12 tells you all you need to know about that list.

2. anchel

anchel Member

Ok, you are arighjt, let me correct it and just say that you need good overall coaching to get to the finals. Of course Spoelstra is a good coach to me, he created a rare elite defensive scheme having no rim protectors in his team. He converted Bosh into a very useful defender; he had some succesful adjustments at several difficult playoffs series... I still need to see some of that from McHale... Scott Brooks had a unique? NBA team that contained three MVP caliber players + another potential all-star like Ibaka, still could not win it all.

Be careful with RS records, Sam Mitchell has a coach of the year award.

3. anchel

anchel Member

What happens with Stevens? Absolutely proving to be a brilliant coach. I dont know what people expect from that roster. And without Rondo, without Green, the guy keeps his team fighting for a playoff spot.

4. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

You should rephrase the title "Kevin McHale 17th worst" to attract more replies.

5. baubo

baubo Member

It seems every random coach with some decent talent taking a team without names to mediocre record is celebrated like they're the next big thing. While McHale, who almost made the playoffs starting a rookie 2nd rounder, a perennial backup G, Space Cadet Dalembert at center as a rookie coach is constantly dismissed.

While I don't think McHale is an elite coach or anything, but if you’re setting the bar at Jason Kidd or Brad Stevens he certainly makes it over them.

6. anchel

anchel Member

I very much doubt Kidd or McHale could do what Stevens did at college.
    Celtics roster could be the less talented team in the whole NBA after current Knicks and there with Sixers. C'mon look at that team, and plagued of young players. And they're competing for playoff, in fact they are currentlu 8th in the East.

He's able to use and manage 10-11-12 man rotations. Not a lot of coaches can do that.
    Don't ask me how, but his team plays really good basketball at times. He's good adjusting during the games, he's very good with the blackboard, their players compete...
    I see him a bright future.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Looks like April fools came a few days early

McHale is 24th at best but more like 28 or 29

Absolutely one of the worst coaches to ever grace the NBA

Rockets record is inspite of McHale not because of him

1 person likes this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Steve Kerr...that high?

1 season with 2 of the best players in the league.

9. crash5179

The Celtics suck, just like every team in the east with the exception of about 3 or 4 teams. Put the Celtics in the West and they would be worse than the Jazz or the Kings. Brad Stevens has proved nothing.

10. crash5179

I have to admit, Kerr has done an amazing job.

11. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Yup, I agree...that list is garbage. McFail is a bottom third coach in this league if we're being generous. In reality, he is one of the worst.

12. sefril

sefril Member

really? :rolleyes:

13. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Based on what? "Adjustements" "Canaan"?

14. sufiankassam

sufiankassam Member

Carlisle? Mchale has done way better based on talent.

1. Pop (out of respect)
    2. Kerr
    3. Buden
    4. Kidd
    5. McHale
    15. Carlisle