1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yo, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Spooner

Spooner Member

Are you aware that Martin has been struggling with/recovering from back spasms?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I said that.... I have no medical record to fall back on.
    Rumors had him not feeling well.
    He was emotionally weak! Deal with it! He hardly played 3 quarters during that road trip.
    Within days his back is feeling well at home, magically he turns it on.
    You believing this really? Guy is a soft cookie who is feeling miserably because refs changed his game plan.

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Getting almost traded to the Hornets...that's unprofessional.

How is Odom doing under a new coach? What about those players traded to the Hornets?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Odom is not your best offensive weapon. I agree I was too harsh but I am just stressing what the coach is telling our players.... Play hard, play harder, play hardest.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...air-midnight-meeting-rockets-win-mchales-way/

This shows he was emotionally weak.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't know much about Eric Gordon or Caveman's contract situations. I think Martin is the best paid player on the roster.
    He gets the most money but he does not play the best basketball night in and night out.
    Lowry does.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it is very simple
    Plan A
    We get two players that are better than Martin, and he ends up being the third option
    Fine

Plan B
    He ends up being the best or 2nd best, then it is high time to look for an upgrade and he has to go.

Alternative plans can be worked out with him staying or not
    Personally I'd rather have Lowry but in Deron and Howard's case I am willing to sacrifice Lowry, and have Martin.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Just the way it goes. Martin is three years older and was getting it done earlier in his career than Kyle. Kyle will get his chance to be a high paid player when his RFA contract is over, assuming he stays healthy. He'll only be 28 at that point.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

So what's your point? Lowry is the best player on the team, and he's getting paid the least amount of money. Should everyone on the team be compared to Lowry? I mean, MJ is regarded as the GOAT, and he only made 7M for much of his career.

Why are Wade, Lebron, Howard etc. making 20M a year when they're all inferior to MJ but making 3x more than him? :rolleyes:

The point is the Rockets didn't sign KM to his current contract, the Kings did. We traded for him because we thought 10M is good value for a 20 pt scorer, which is true because guys like Melo are making much more without adding anything else. He's a good 2nd option on a great team, unfortunately the Rox are still looking for the Batman to his robin offensively. Putting up Lowry as the standard to which every player must live by is ridiculous.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is the 2nd option shootingwise but not overall

This is the plan going forward, Captain Obvious.

10. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

?
    From reading something? Both Kevins are very enthusiastic interviewees. What's wrong about that. They spoke freely.
    It was obvious they had a disconnect there. So shall we forget one of his less productive season so far because he had a 32 game?

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

You can't base any opinion on that article because you don't know what was said between them.

The only reason Martin makes so much is because not many players in the NBA can provide scoring like he can. There will always be a demand for scoring. The demand for excellent starting point guards isn't there anymore, especially when you consider the teams that needed a great PG didn't have the cap room to offer Lowry more money.

Rose, Rondo, Nash, Williams, Paul, Rubio, Jennings, Curry, Kidd, Conley, Parker, Lawson, Irving, Felton, Harris, Collison, Teague, Calderon, Walker, Nelson, and Wall.

That leaves the:
    Kings - already had a lot of money invested in the PG position
    Lakers - no cap room
    Knicks - had a PG at the time, now they don't need one with Lin

It's unfair to compare salaries with on court production. Daryl Morey's entire philosophy is built on money ball. Even he realizes things like height, and defense do not show up on the stat sheet and they are worth paying for (Battier, Hayes, Lee, Martin, Landry, and paying for Dalembert).

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not in exact words. I don't base it just one article. I base it on overall production of the player that used to be our No. 1 offensive option and the FACT that he is having one of his worst seasons offensively. Apart from this, his other numbers, everything has been suffering.

BTW the Coach won't say in exact words that his players sucked. You would know the outcome.

There is no point in discussing that because Kevin Martin can only improve. But I just want to lay it out there because the deadline is near. We will see.

15. yo

yo Contributing Member

But but but he had 25 points!!!

16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Dude where are you getting your game history? This is bull **** lmao

his recent games

4, 2, 28, 0, 32, 16, 11, 22, 16, 14, 6, 35, 25

look how crazy inconsistent that is!

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Stern didn't fall for fools gold that's for sure.

18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Yeah, he got Eric Gordon and all of his 2 games played this season, Aminu's 4.7 ppg, and Kaman's 41FG%. Scola and Martin would have been much better this season under Monty Williams and with the offense going through them the entire game.

Had there never been a precedent of the **** Stern pulled and a new NBA Commissioner every 4-5 years it wouldn't have happened.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd still take Gordon and Kaman if we could get rid of Scola and Martin. I can't wait for Morey to pull the trigger that sends those two out of here