1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yo, Feb 9, 2012.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

One more thing, MARTIN IS NOT A STAR. NO ONE SAID HE WAS AN ALL-STAR WHEN WE GOT HIM. He is a scorer. Some people rebound the ball well, some players pass the ball well, and some can defend well. Get over the fact that Martin is paid to score. All-stars can create baskets and thrive on this ability in crunch time.

He's had a few bad games, but look at my previous post for more info on that topic.

2. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You don't average 23.5 points a game like he did last year being fools gold.
    I think this compact season is a big adjustment for a lot of players we keep seeing ups and downs all around the league.
    We have seen it here with Lowry, Martin, Bud, Scola and Dalembert already this year.

3. pass_to_Hakeem

I don't know about Hill... If we're lucky Hill rebounds on certain nights. His low post moves are something to be desired.. If anything we need to include him in any possible trade.. Unless he can get hands/ low post moves in the next week

4. yo

yo Contributing Member

Averaging that many points is exactly what makes him fool's gold. You'll notice he'll drop most of his points in spurts, but come crunch time, or even entire halves, he completely disappears. That's what fool's gold means. Play semi-tight defense on him and he shuts down.

5. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That's bs, I have seen him make a lot of big shots at the end of the game. I agree about not always playing two half's but 23.5 is still 23.5 no matter how you look at it. You probably thought Mac disappeared at the end of games also.

6. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

The bench wings being so effective on offense is making Martin look so bad right now, especially when we're used to him being literally the only wing on the entire team with an offensive game.

7. Bumpy Genitalia

Knee jerk reaction thread. Even Hakeem Olajuwon has gone through scoring slumps. It happens to the best of them. What Kevin Martin needs to do is keep being aggressive when it comes to attacking the basket and keep shooting. Eventually he`ll go off for his 23 point average. Don`t forget the numbers he put up during the 7 game winning streak.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What? Hakeem could rebound and play defense too when his shot was not falling.

Kevin Martin is pretty much useless if he is not scoring at an efficient rate, and this year, he is not doing that.

Ship fools gold to Minny...STAT !

DD

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

DD doing his part to help reverse-jinx Martin out of the slump

10. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

Martin is sabotaging his stock before the trade deadline hoping to not be a casualty of war! :eek:

11. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

If you're chasing Dwight and Deron this off-season (please don't flame me), does using amnesty on K-Mart get you far enough under the cap to sign both outright?

12. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

Maybe if you get rid of Scola's contract too...ahhh if only they would come here.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think you can amnesty Martin under the rules. Bima?

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

2 weeks ago I wouldn't have traded him except for someone or something of high value...my how I've changed

Just call me Mitt.

15. yo

yo Contributing Member

Why does Kevin Martin refuse to work out? Can the Rockets add a clause to his contract that mandates him to do some squats?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

three seasons when he scored more than 23. It is not like it is every year. And in those Adelman was his mentor.

Tmac scored 25 in a system where scorers are not featured, namely JVG's all defense little offense system.
    Tmac scored 30 and over in Orlando.

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The DD jinx strikes again! It never fails. :grin:
    32 points on 10-18 from the field
    4-7 3PM-A
    8-8 FT

3 assists, 2 steals, and 1 turnover in less than 38 minutes. And he hit the game winning free throws to win the game after creating them. I knew once they put the ball in Martin's hands and gave him space to operate something good would come from it.

Martin & Scola need to hit the weight room during the all-star break together. It would do wonders for this team on both defense and offense.

Who said Martin disappears against good teams?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good Lord, nobody discredits them.
    Martin 29, Scola 31...... and inconsistent...
    They have reasonable big contracts but they are obviously not the future.

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I don't think it's fair to call Scola and Martin inconsistent. It's been mentioned before, even the best go through slumps.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is unfair to consistent players to call them the best.
    Scoring zero points, chilling and doing nothing, shrugging it off, turning it on and off is unprofessional.
    That is not a slump, that is some mentality at its worst. This goes against any sports.
    Dennis Rodman had zero points on purpose and had 20 rebounds.