1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SamFisher, Nov 9, 2006.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Haven't seen him play much but it was awesome watching him torch the Pistons on Wednesday. But parts of that game were so sloppy it was hard not to turn the channel. That game reaffirmed my opinion the Pistons probably will not be contenders this season. Something is wrong with that team.

2. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Nazr's no good for them. Not Nazr's fault, not Detroit's fault, he's just not a fit for that offensive system. They'll win when Nazr has no numbers, and lose when he has big numbers because he'll take them out of the offense. I'm expecting more of the former, because they'll start to go away from him and things may sour enough for a trade by February. That, to me, is what's best for both sides.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

They're giving up over 96 points a game...whereas they didnt give up more than ~90 points per game over the last few seasons.

I think that defense is missing something...Ben Wallace?

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think the Pistons hit their peak the last 3 years and are on the way down. Their championship, the Finals loss and the ECFs loss in consecutive years was quite a run but all runs lose steam. The "star-less" roster has played it's course. Larry Brown arrived there at just the right time (after Carlisle) and after squeaking past the Pacers, they destroyed a hobbled Lakers team that was lucky to beat Minnesota to make the Finals. The next year, LB and the team were distracted by his Cleveland flirtation, but still made the Finals thanks to Wade's injury. Last season the clash between Big Ben and Flip signaled the end. They were lucky to beat Cleveland in the playoffs and only did so because all of the Cavs except LeBron are choke artists. They were no match for Miami.

This season will be another step backward. I'm not saying the Pistons will descend all the way to mediocrity, but I predict they will not make the ECFs. The recent disintegrations against the Kings and Warriors prove to me the Pistons don't deserve any deference because of their recent playoff success. I feel they get too much respect. Losing Big Ben is part of the problem and I agree with Kelly that Nazr doesn't fit in. It isn't something they can quickly fix. Detroit fans can hope they recapture the magic one last time but the magic gone. From watching them, their problems on offense are equal to those on defense.

5. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

DET just got their asses handed to them by friggin Golden State. Unbelievalbe. Maybe it's time for them to think about rebuilding.

If I were CD, I call about Rasheed. :)

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

how is no one discussing how freakin UGLY kevin martin's shot is? hahaha.. it's gross man. I mean he's becoming a solid player and all. I don't think it's quite as bad as Marion's.. but it's runner up.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

maybe cause the ugliness of the shot dont mean jack when it goes in the bucket as often as it does.

and

:p

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

hahaha fine fine, you got me. In a thread titled "Kevin Martin" I just expected more was all =P (And with a thread title like that, anything pertaining to him means something..and for me, with him, I think of "layup in playoffs", "high percentage shooter" and "ugly shot")

Yea it's ugly but i'd certianly like him (or childress, or marion..) on our team

9. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

maybe he's not a fluke.

10. Got Em

Got Em Member

I think I have the best team in my 10 team league right now. After 2 trades, this is my roster now:

PG: C. Paul
    SG: V. Carter
    G: Josh Smith
    SF: A. Jamison
    PF: C. Bosh
    F: E. Okafor
    C: T. Duncan
    C: M. Okur
    Util: Rashard Lewis
    Util: Andre Miller
    BN: C. Villanueva
    BN: Morris Peterson
    BN: Jameer Nelson
    BN: Jarret Jack
    BN: A Bynum
    BN: S. May

I really don't think anybody can hang with me ;)

By the way these are the 2 trades:

1) Redd, Gay, Bogut for Josh Smith, Bosh, and Villanueva
    2) Yao, Joe Johnson, Grant Hill, Luol Deng for Vince Carter, Paul, R. Lewis, and Okafor

11. Got Em

Got Em Member

This is my draft btw.

1. (8) Yao Ming C
    2. (13) Tim Duncan PF,C
    3. (28) Michael Redd SG,SF
    4. (33) Joe Johnson PG,SG
    5. (48) Antawn Jamison SF,PF
    6. (53) Mehmet Okur PF,C
    7. (68) Jameer Nelson PG
    8. (73) Andrew Bogut PF,C
    9. (88) Morris Peterson SG,SF
    10. (93) Marvin Williams SF,PF
    11. (108) Andre Miller PG
    12. (113) Luol Deng SG,SF
    13. (128) Grant Hill SF
    14. (133) Smush Parker PG
    15. (148) Joel Przybilla C
    16. (153) Chris Wilcox PF,C
    17. (168) Rudy Gay

Can't believe I got Andre Miller in the 11th!

12. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

With the crazy stats he is putting up right now. Would you trade him for Amare Stoudamire? Someone offered me that fantasy trade.

13. Got Em

Got Em Member

I can't believe you took Amare. There are NO guarantees with him, so don't trade. Unless you have a lot of guards, I'd hold on to Martin.

14. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

I am the one with Kevin Martin in that deal. The other guy wants to give me Amare. I do have a lot of guards. My Team:

Kevin Martin
    Larry Hughes
    Steve Francis
    Dwayne Wade
    Mike Bibby
    Deron Williams
    Drew Gooden
    Eddy Curry
    Carmelo Anthony
    Zach Randolph
    Ron Artest
    Shaq
    Luke Walton

If you notice, I have 3 Sac Kings on my team. Which is why I am so eager to get rid of Martin for a Big guy while his stock is peaking. What other big guy would you trade him for?

15. xtint1n

xtint1n Member

This is one of the leagues im playing in (my best one)

1. (4) Kobe Bryant
    2. (21) Lamar Odom
    3. (28) Dwight Howard
    4. (45) Baron Davis
    5. (52) Shaquille O'Neal
    6. (69) Brandon Roy
    7. (76) Troy Murphy
    8. (93) Nenad Krstic
    9. (100) Channing Frye
    10. (117) Steve Francis
    11. (124) Chris Wilcox
    12. (141) Luther Head
    13. (148) Leandro Barbosa

I wanted Tmac but he was gone =[

16. Got Em

Got Em Member

Dude, Tmac is overrated in most leagues. There are at least 50 players better than him fantasy wise right now. Your best pick is Barbosa. That is such a steal. Howard will have a moster year too, but I'm not too sold on your other players.

17. Got Em

Got Em Member

I think you need 3 PTs, Rebs, and Blks in the worst way. I like a lot of players that you have and I would look to trade Randolph (playing too well right now), Curry (sucks period), and Martin (high stock) right now. One player you may be able to get is Okafor. He'll give you Pts, Rebs, and Blks (horrible FT%, but he's definitely worth it). Another guy I like is Okur. He is a post player that can give you a few 3s. He rebounds well, gives you some points, and shoots a pretty good %. He's not that well known, so I'd give that a shot too. Randolph is top 10 in fantasy right now, so you may be able to get 2 pretty good players for him. I'd take Okafor for him straight up, just because blks are such a premium in fantasy basketball. I see Okafor doing about 15/12/2.5. Randolph will probably cool down to about 23/9. Rasheed Wallce will also give you blks and rebs, so I'd see if I can get him for Martin.