1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hey Daryl, we love Harden and all, but can u get the guys we traded for him back? Kthxbai.

2. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Kmart's going off tonight.

3. conquistador#11

that's bs. you sound like the media dudes that can never give credit where credit is due because of a personal vendetta against the guy. the seasons prior to last year's diva antics, he was money, always efficient. It's just that nobody cared because he played for an .5oo team and below .500 during his sac town days.

I wanted him to end up in chicago with rose, landing in OKC was even better. Great deal for both teams as I'm really happy with the beard.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Landry was a free agent though.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Kmart carrying this cruddy OKC team

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Westbrook should probably stop shooting now.

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

Can't believe the thunder gonna lose at home to the hawks.

8. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Thunder looked like a different team without Harden. They have way too many scorers and not enough playmakers. WB had some nice passes but that out of bound save that led to a dunk was terrible. He just isn't any good at split second decision making. Probably the turning point of the game.......

9. vator

vator Contributing Member

Kevin Martin is the white Steve Novak with more playing time. That guy is an effortless shooter. Open 3 pointers are like layups to him. That said, it will be simple for him to replace or even excede Harden's scoring for the Thunder, but he does absolutely NOTHING else. What you saw tonight was Durant having to take on more responsibility as a primary ball handler and distributer which is cool, I mean he can do it, but do you want him starting your offense or finishing it? Westbrook goes through stretches where he is an absolute train wreck with decision making and Harden allowed him to play off the ball as well and catch it in attack mode. It's going to be interesting to see how they adjust to this. They still have arguably the most talented overall team in the league so they should be able to figure this out, but it will be intriguing to watch. I'm not sure I like watching Durant passing the ball so much when he may be the most dominant scorer in the league.

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Putting up #'s on yet another lottery team.

/s

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Happy I missed the 2nd half for dinner with a friend. What a beating.

12. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I miss Kmart's 3 point scoring. We don't have that on our team. Delfino is too streaky.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So everyone Morey got rid of is beasting somewhere, except Terrence Williams.

14. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

28 points on 11 shots? And all in under 30 minutes damn....

15. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Very Harden-like performance tonight.

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He's a poor man's James Harden.;)

17. thejav

thejav Member

he most likely gave up the same amount of points on the defensive end..

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

without Josh Smith too.

19. everyxt

everyxt Member

His defense was actaully decent. Only if Westbrick could feed him properly...

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

OKC needs to move either Ibaka or Perkins to the bench. It's looking like Durant may be able to play PF for them a lot of the time. Did he play as a big man in college?

With Sefolosha defending the scoring swingman, I think this line-up would work nicely for them:

Ibaka or Perkins
    Durant
    Sefolosha
    Martin
    Westbrook

Bench:
    Ibaka or Perkins
    Collison
    Lamb
    Maynor

Westbrook is a horrendous 3pt shooter and Durant has been above average. I think they need an elite 3pt shooter to space things out for them more than they need both Perkins and Ibaka on the floor.

I think they're going to be TO-prone all season unless they make adjustments. Durant's assists are harming the team. He said in the offseason he wants to improve his all-round numbers, but while he seems to have developed a better nose for rebounds, his assists are just destroying the team since he averages almost as many TO's.

This season (just 3 games) he's 6.7 assists to 5.3 TO's. For his career he's 2.9 assists to 3.2 TO's. May be best if he works on this some more in the summer rather than at the expense of his team's W's.