1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin named Western player of Week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MambaJoe, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Has it been mentioned that Kevin Martin is fool's gold?

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Kevin Martin has quietly put together one of the best scoring seasons the NBA has rarely ever seen. Martin is averaging 23.3 points per game (44% and 40% from downtown and a whopping 61% true shooting) in just 31 minutes and he's doing it on 15 shot attempts per game. The thing that stands out to me the most is that Adelman has rarely allowed Martin to play big time minutes, mostly because he favors Courtney Lee against more prolific scoring teams but IMO its a crime that Martin hasn't played more minutes. In 36 minutes per game, he averages 26.7 points per game and in the 48 minutes per game stat he averages 35.6 points. In both statistics, Martin narrowly edges out Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant as the leagues leading scorer with less usage % and considerably less field goal attempts. Martin is also on his to becoming the first NBA player (I think) to lead the NBA in free throws made and finish top 3 in 3 pointers made.

Not saying that Martin is on a star level but he's easily one of the most underrated players in the NBA (honestly where the hell do people get this overrated crap from?) and if Adelman played his best player some more minutes, he might have been worthy of CONSIDERATION of an All-Star spot. If the Rockets could pair Martin with an all-star caliber big man *cough*Yao*cough* then they could be a lethal team in the playoffs.

4. aithop

aithop New Member

I love Kmart!

5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I can look at that all day..............

6. k-money

k-money Member

both were posted at same time.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm gathering that you DON'T want us to use this thread to bash and hate on Kevin, right??

8. lild713

lild713 Member

YOUR RIGHT BRO!!!! KMART ALL THE WAY...Not everyone HAVE A GOOD GAME BUT AT LEAST HE CAN SCORE DOUBLE DIGITS when He's not shooting well or get to the line

9. Spankie

Spankie Member

Finally some respect for my man K-mart!!!! Bring us to the playoffs:cool:

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL whatever Kevin Martin is fool's gold.

1 person likes this.
  11. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

This the "gold" part of Martin.

12. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Kevin Martin is a superstar, people need to realize this. He's just not a very well known superstar but it's awesome to see him get some recognition here.

13. Hball

Hball Member

I don't understand why this guy isn't getting mvp mentions, he's leading the league in free-throws.

14. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I can't even tell who's being serious and who's being sarcastic when they praise KMart anymore.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's either the MVP or the worst best player on his team in the league. There is no in- between.

He is either gold or fool's gold.

Take your pick.

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Kevin Martin is a rich fool's gold.

17. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

:confused: Homerism can be sad..

18. Relentless

Relentless Member

[​IMG]

19. Josephduyho03

Josephduyho03 Member

He is getting love from the league because he is scoring so well lately at an high efficient rate. Other good scorers around the league takes tons of shots to score as many points as Kevin while he takes about half of the shots they take.

I know he isn't a superstar but he is a very good player to pair up with a star. He doesn't need the ball in his hands so an ideal star to pair him up with should be a great scorer also but a great distributor also.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I lol'ed. He is not your all star type but he surely plays like one.
    Mad props ;)