1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Love officially a Cavalier

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by davidio840, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm saying there are 1-2 teams today that have just as much talent as LeBron's teams have had. He faced them 3 finals in a row. This is no different from the 80s when around 3 teams in any given year were more stacked than the others. He is winning with a ton of help, like most guys who won multiple titles. It makes no sense for anyone to discount him for it, especially when he is playing teams in the finals with just as much talent on the roster.

2. split41

split41 Member

Why is it foolish to say?

Spurs 3 HOFers, Kawhi (potential HOF), HOF coach. (looks like a super team to me)

And look at the thunder, clippers, bulls. There's a lot of teams with at least 2 HOFs on the team

3. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Great PR team around LeBron. Got onto another, younger big three, which he knew from the get go judging by his letter, and went with the whole "I'm going back home. This will be difficult, but I'm willing to go through it" angle and everyone ate it up, when in reality he was bouncing from a big three that was on the wrong side of the hill for a better basketball situation that will last him until his career ends with Irving and Love being in the young 20s.

1 person likes this.
  4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I dont really think wiggins will amount to anything special, but they werent going anywhere with love anyway. At least they have some potential and peckovic plays better without Love. I t was a good trade for both teams, philly is terrible in the office and the court.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

6. ling ling

ling ling Member

zero Love for LeBron.

[​IMG]

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Love was #3 in win shares and PER. The hate he gets is unbelievable. What could he have done better? Get more points and grab more rebounds?

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Proclaiming Leonard a "potential HOFer" is a bit premature, no?

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Play some defense. His team around him wasn't that bad. Look at the team around him vs Dragic whose team finished with a better record?

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So this is going up in downtown Cleveland as we speak. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Love?src=hash">#Love</a> <a href="http://t.co/v2xZfrvNFm">pic.twitter.com/v2xZfrvNFm</a></p>&mdash; Dustin Fox (@DustinFox37) <a href="https://twitter.com/DustinFox37/statuses/503923885851807745">August 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Well some of us find it believable that a player would want to return to his hometown team.

12. langal

langal Contributing Member

players can't "win" with some fans.

if they try to play for a contender they are "losers" who can't win a ring all by themselves.

if they take more money, they are "selfish".

i guess if a star player needs to take the veteran minimum and play for a bad team to get some respect around here.

fans are a catty bunch.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Seriously

We bought my boss an autographed picture of Magic Johnson hitting that baby sky hook for christmas last year.

I ended up getting the picture at a local show because out of the autographed pictures it also had Magic inscribing 'Jr skyhook' on it and not just his signature.

Anyways after we got it framed and hung in his office I noticed everyone in the picture both from Boston and Los Angeles were HOFs

Mchale, Parish, DJ, Bird and then Magic, Kareem and Worthy.

Those teams were loaded

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

is this offical? surprised he didn't stay with 42 - he asked Walt Hazzard to be allowed to wear #42 at UCLA though it was retired maybe he would ask Thurmond as well - I mean Thurmond spent the end of his career in cleveland

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

**** Cleveland. I'm going to LOL when LBJ retires without another ring

16. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Having a Finals MVP is a very good indicator of a potential HOFer

17. spysta

spysta Member

It was the plan from the very beginning, leave the team to suck, draft a bunch of high prospects, come back to trumpets and fan fare, but it worked out even better than he planned, because of the extra #1 that they flip for Kevin Love(who lebron hand picked to trade for)

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nobody in his right mind would say that Leonard was the best player on the Spurs team. He was probably the third best player at best. He happened to played a series of his life and the Spurs happened to play a team game rather than individual hero game like so many other championship teams carried by stars. So no, the Finals MVP is not a very good indicator.

I'd proclaim him a potential HOF candidate if he had a couple of all-star appearances.

19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Lmao.. No matter how it was won. The fact that he has one is a good indicator. Not saying I disagree with you, but it's not at all unlikely for him to make a few all star games especially with his new found fame.

20. i3artow i3aller