1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Love officially a Cavalier

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by davidio840, Aug 23, 2014.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I dunno where you went to school, but I learnt that 29 is bigger than 25.

I might be wrong?

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Anyone know the protection on the pick?

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Let me try to 'splain the Math

I think he's trying to say that Cleveland is younger now that they traded their 19yr old #1 yr old pick to Cleveland for a seven yr player who has never gotten his team above .500 once.

Not sure how that math makes them younger....

I could be wrong.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

But Kobe couldn't win jack before the Gasol trade. Gasol definitely cannot carry a team, just as Love can't. But to say that Love or Bosh were "losers" just because they didn't have a chance to play with a LeBron or Kobe is a bit too simplistic.

Not being good enough to be an alpha dog player is not the same as being a loser.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Lebron leaving Cleveland for Miami helped the Cavs immeasurably. They were able to clear off all of those deadweight contracts, got a few lottery picks and Lebron learned how to become a champion. Now he comes back to a young, talented and deep roster than *still* has assets to build with over the next few years. Good for Cleveland.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I know you guys are just trying to make fun of him, but it's disingenuous or plain ignorant to ignore the context of what he said.

He's right that James is still (the comment he responded to was about LeBron taking a young team to the finals) going to probably take a fairly young Cleveland team to the finals because Love at 25 is not that much older than Wiggins at 19. Relatively speaking of course.

I personally don't even agree with the original premise that Cleveland is that young though. But if that were the standard before, a six year net change in age between "star" players is not that much, looked at as a whole, ceteris paribus.

7. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Yep, like Shaq to Kobe. At least there is no pressure or expectations in Minnesota, they would be happy making the playoffs.

8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Great trade for Minnesota considering they were going to lose Love for nothing. They will also be a good defensive team as Wiggins is a good defensive player now. His offensive game will take time. I wonder if it makes sense to trade Pekovic and if other teams are interested in him at 11 million. At 28 and signed for 4 more I don't know that he makes sense on that team anymore. I guess it will be good to have a solid performer/enforcer as Wiggins and the other younglings get experience.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think 10 years from now this is not going to look GM Lebron's Resume.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

In your mind, how many championships does LeBron have to win with Kevin Love in order to definitely make this a good trade for him? 2? 3? 4?

My number is 2.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My number is 1. I would trade Harden and Howard for scrubs if it meant one championship.

12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Does anyone else hold this against LeBron's legacy? All is rings came from super teams. Well, assuming he wins more.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You don't think the Bulls, Lakers, and Celtics were super teams.

14. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Wiggins with #22, good choice. That being said, I still cannot believe the Twolves did not have to get rid of some dead weight like Kevin Martin since they are doing the cavs a big freaking FAVOUR here!

15. rockets13champs

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Magic and Bird won without super teams?

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Ofcourse magic player with scrubs like some guy called abdul jabbar. And who knows who worthy even was. And bird had a terrible frontcourt.

18. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

when you think about it, everything just worked out for cleveland. i mean the 2 #1's were basically a gift from the basketball gods. what was it like a 2% chance for them to get the #1 this year?

if they don't get wiggins they don't get minny to trade love to them.

pretty crazy.

19. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

At least the team was created in the traditional sense, through trading for a player, rather than having a superstar conspire with Lebron in free agency to join forces. I hate that crap.

As far as trades are concerned, for current value its probably one of the biggest returns for a player in the history of the NBA.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

over the season . . . i would bet on it
    but not every game

Rocket River