1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Love intentionally steps on Luis Scola's face

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 4, 2012.

1. FaBo

FaBo Member

Seems as though a lot of guys here forgot that recently a Rockets player named Kyle Lowry was charged with battery... I am not trying to defend Love in any way, but even as a Rockets fan I find some guys' use of a double standard in this situation amazing. Love got a suspension, a lot of negative publicity and, above all, personally apologized to Scola. That's fair enough in my opinion.

2. Prince

Prince Member

Kyle Lowry?????? wtF!

3. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Don't really think it was intentional to hurt Scola but I'm pretty sure it was to send Scola a message to stop with the flopping and rough play battle against one another.

4. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

I've said the exact thing like 9 times already, I see Lee and a few others chiming in as well. Yet every few posts you get the pathetic "why are you guys saying he should go fight him? That's stupid" It's like the reading comprehension is elementary at best.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I think it was "wat the crap I can't even foul this guy on purpose when I am trying so I might as well stomp him out"

6. Prince

Prince Member

not intentional, yet sending a message.... what is it really!?!

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Lowry had his day in court and is now having to do community service. He has paid his price and so is Love having to pay his. (Getting off easy btw)

Let's put it this way, I wouldn't want my daughter refereeing Lowry about as much as I would want to be a player on the floor anywhere near Klove's stomping feet.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it's Adelman using the former players network again. Word is that he called Shane and asked him to write Love's apology, as Love had been unable to come up with a coherent effort, despite having the time off to work on it. Love reportedly yelled, at no one in particular, that he would (quote) "write that damn apology when Scola licks my swollen balls!!" It went downhill from there. So Adelman once again displays his brilliance, and Love? Sedated, as a male masseur attempts to reduce the swelling. Xanax to the rescue! I read all this in Minneapolis–Saint Paul's infamous weekly rag and fountain of information, The Daily Beaver. :-D-

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Are we talking about Lowry or are we talking about Love? With your logic, maybe we should bring in Barkley, Rudy T, and anyone else that was ever in a fight.

10. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

nice apology by Love

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, they should have called the police and file battery charge against Love, 100 hours of community service. And Lowry should have been suspended for two Las Vegas pickup games.

That's fair.

12. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

If I remember correctly, isn't Love also the one who flail his arms and "intentionally" slap/drop it to AB's face?

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The second apology and acceptance of the punishment is fine with me. I didn't like his comment after the first "apology" because it did show that he was not actually remorseful.

I think that the second apology also puts the argument to rest that it was unintentional - the apology speaks for itself - it was intentional.

Apology accepted, let's move on.

14. brando

brando Member

I'd rather have someone step on my face than to sock me in the nads.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Kevin Love was on TNT tonight after being named an All-Star and he was asked about the Luis Scola incident. Here are his comments:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CZ5FiMjkJq0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I'm glad he didn't say it was an accident..