1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Love: How would he fit as a Rocket?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by durvasa, Mar 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think it's interesting people think we'll draft for position. You really just don't have that luxury when picking late in the first round. You have to go best available player. Acquiring valuable assets is key.

2. Egghead

Egghead Member

I was watching Espnnews and Doug Gottlieb, the college basketball analyst said, Love is a great player and is NBA ready. He also mentioned a playoff team should try to get up in the draft and get him. Then he said the Rockets would be a perfect fit for Love to play along side Yao. Your thoughts?

3. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I don't know why people are calling him Brad Miller lite. Love is better than Miller ever was right now, and while he'll definitely struggle against the elite players at his position, he will make his team better with his passing, rebounding and bb IQ.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

reports out of LA here have said love has shed weight and is quicker and more explosive than before while maintaining his strength. I would collapse if the rockets somehow got love but if anything his recent impressive workouts have made it harder as he went from being a possible 10-20 pick to most likely a top 10 pick now. I dont see how any team with a 6-10 pick would trade with the rockets for Love with the pieces we would trade for him.

and yes I would trade scola for love if that was supposed to be the deal breaker as much as I like luis I think Kevin has much more upside.

5. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

If he's there when we pick, its no question, we take him. Late in the draft, you take the best player, period.

He probably won't be there though, so we would have to trade up to get him.

worth it? With Scola and Landry already showing so much promise? That, I'm not so sure about. Like everyone else, I feel like if we're going to trade up for an NBA ready player, it should be a swingman.

6. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

But as we take him, we take him off of the board, at a lower price that him being picked in the lottery, and he then becomes a tradable asset when it comes down to the deadline. But so do Landry and Scola. We can send him to the D-League for a while to get his gears set for the Association, then we can bring him in when the playoff push begins.

7. engr chris

engr chris Member

He'll probably end up with Memphis and we will se the Love-Gay tandem

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It would be great because Bill Simmons would bust a nut and devote an incredible amount of column space to it, bringing out every stereotypical cliche in the book - tossing in plenty of hackneyed references to "The White Shadow" and "Rocky III" along the way.

9. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member

Gay-Love :D

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We could trade them Luther so they would have:

Love - Gay - Head.

:D

DD

11. adoo

adoo Member

i disagree; to have 2 unathletic but skilled big man would not be a good fit.

KLove would best fit a team that already has an athletic big man, a team like the Orlando Magic.

12. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

I don't think he will be there but if he is i don't see how u can pass him up

13. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

There s no way that Kevin Love is going to be available at 25th pick. He is a to 10-15 pick.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm sure we could have the doors widened. :D

15. Williamson

He's apparently lost a bunch of weight. He's training with Tim Grover's gang too.

16. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

He's not very atheletic and he's undersized. -_-

Jason Thompson, Mario Chalmers, or Brandon Rush at 25 would be great. = ]

17. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Thanks for repeating the stereotype. Have you seen him play before?

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, I heard that, too. Good for him -- while almost all declaring underclassmen say that their decision to come out early is a business decision, not many of them treat it like it really is. If Love is showing this kind of discipline before his rookie season, that can't help but increase his chances of getting drafted earlier and making at least a small impact somewhere.

19. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Regardless of the stereotype, it is true for Kevin Love.

If we remain at 25 and choose, I'd go Brandon Rush. My wish is that we trade up and get O.J. Mayo. We shall see.

20. Williamson

I'm just curious...

Is there anybody else who thinks Kevin Love resembles a more offensively skilled Danny Fortson? I haven't heard this comparison before, but they both use their size and strength to bully their way around the basket but are a bit lacking on height, quickness and leaping ability. Love is definitely more polished offensively, but probably not quite the rebounder that Fortson is.

Honestly though, a more offensively polished Danny Fortson should be a lotto pick. He was a pretty solid power forward for quite a few years.