1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Johnson - Houston Texans' first round (#16 overall) pick in 2015 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2015.

?

Do you like this pick for the Texans?

1. YES

155 vote(s)
    81.6%
  2. NO

35 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Kevin Johnson will make 9m? Yikes

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If he lives up to his potential and has a bounce back year, that will be very reasonable.

texans1095 likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

That amount is the only reason I wouldn't do it. He might be the highest paid DB on the team on a per year basis. More than Colvin and Matthieu.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hope they are right because he's basically shown nothing while on the field. Looks slow and can't cover anyone.

deb4rockets and charlieaustin like this.
  5. Fyreball

Before his foot injuries, he actually looked pretty explosive, and made some good plays. If he can stay on the field, I think we'll see a vast improvement from last year.

joshuaao, Red.Glare and texans1095 like this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I still think he will break out eventually. Especially now that he has adequate help.
    Just got to stay on the field.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Matthieu, Colvin, Joseph, Hal, Reid. The help might be his replacement

8. conquistador#11

He needs to stay healthy to remove or prove all doubt. Hope he gets it done.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

N9 chance of him beating out Joseph, Hal or Colvin?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

$9M Johnson will replace the departing $9M Jackson.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

There's a chance he beats out Joseph. A smaller chance he beats out Colvin. And no chance he beats out Hal...since they play differnt positions.

12. raining threes

Waste of money.

3rd CB at best on this team. Maybe 4th.

He'll have a hard time getting on the field unless injuries hit and 9 mil is a lot to pay for a backup.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had to laugh about this in a sad way, because the same could have been said about Schaub before his foot injury. We saw how that turned out. So far, KJ has been a huge disappointment for a 1st round pick. All we can do is hope he can prove he was worth it, especially making more money for what might be.

raining threes likes this.
  14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I guess it's a prove it year then. Seems like you could've cut him and probably had not much competition in resigning him but that's just not how the Texans do things. It just isn't. Never has been.

They have made every boneheaded decision about the secondary you could possibly make. Every time. Seriously what was the last good move they made in the secondary? Letting Bouye play I guess... I suspect this will be no different. He will make 2 plays in the first game, get hurt in the 2nd and we won't hear from him much the rest of the season. Maybe that'll be good enough to get an extension.

raining threes likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's hope not anyway, LOL.

16. Fyreball

I'd rather have a one year "prove it" deal than re-sign him on a multi-year contract. The guy is still a former 1st round pick who's shown flashes of being a good player. We would have had competition to re-sign him had we cut him, without many other backup options left out there.

17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I guess agree to disagree, I don't see why another team would be blowing up his phone on the way out of here. It certainly isn't due to availability or production. Someone else signed him to a 1 year 9 mil deal on "flashes" we'd all be laughing at them for it.

cut him and offer 3 years 12 million, 4 guaranteed with a club option for year 4. Don't spend as much giving him an extra year or two to prove it. No, now we're paying him top money to find out who he is so that next season we can do it again. This **** is old man.

CVcrew and raining threes like this.