1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin James - New Sitcom on CBS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by countingcrow, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Good call. Arthur and Frank Barone from Raymond are two of my fav sitcom characters.

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

King of Queens was funny because of

1. Jerry Stiller
    2. Leah Remini
    3. Kevin James.

Withouth the 1st two this is just Kevin James and he isn't funny enough to carry the show imo. The lady cast as his wife is meh and definitely doesn't have Remini's sass that she brought into her role.

Blah to this show.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Talk about killing 2 roles back to back. Frank Costanza then Arthur.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Is fat supposed to be funny? BTW, his friends look like a mix of a sissy, alcoholic, and degenerate gambler.

I'm in!

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

No jerry stiller no thanks. I love king of queens but this looks like ****. The best part of the show besides jerry was how snarky and underhanded Doug and Carrie were to each other. Honestly I've never liked him in anything other than king of queens. His first stand up special was good but that's about it.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I guess the movie returns aren't there any more and he no longer has the stomach to write a set and tour like his brother Gary Valentine or his best friend Ray Romano; also starring in a successful sitcom is probably $100k-250k/week for years on end, now that the BBT guys have hit the $1mm/per mark. And having all those high rated lead ins -- I'm still surprised comparing CBS's stature now to the mid-late '90s -- make it too hard to pass up.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

They had to figure out Remini's quirks and initially just made her the straight man, like all the other hot wife-ugly dumb guy sitcoms from back then. They were probably going to give Carrie's personality to that sister from the first season.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This is the sitcom on "Louie" that he quit mid-shoot because he thought the dialogue was too phony.

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'll watch. Would have been awesome if they had brought back King of Queens with Leah and Kevin having kids, with a modern spin like this. One can dream...

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I love King of Queens (still watch reruns every night) but this just looks stale and cliche.

11. hvic

hvic Member

I would watch that

12. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Ironically she's somehow gotten more unpleasant now that she's left Spacechurch. Filing those missing person reports on the leaders' wife was just nutty.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

How was it nutty? No one has seen her and she has been kidnapped by the psycho leader. The cops that talked to her that "confirmed" everything was OK did no in front of church goons, not alone.

15. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Leah remini as Carrie was GEM!

I think this show will be good, but the chemistry between KJ and Remini and Stiller was just all time great!

16. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Me too, and I have the complete series box set. It's my favorite sitcom ever, with Seinfeld a close second.

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Completely agree. Not sure how anyone can say she's more nutty or tell how she's shown unpleasantness(towards non-scientology folks). She seems much saner now to me.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'll still turn on King of Queens from time to time when I want to do some light TV watching before bed, but this is a hard pass for me. Like others have said, no Arthur, no Carrie, no snark, no Fyreball.