1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant will meet with 6 teams

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Horry33, Jun 25, 2016.

1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

2. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Awesome, can we please move on as a fan base and as a team? We should explore possibilities with other players. Maybe attempt to sign Batum to a good offer sheet and possibly attempt to trade Ariza + others to get a legit starting 4? I'm still skeptical about Dmo's health as well as Terrance Jones' ability to played through full season with consistent effort.

Oh did I forget to add that we should probably address the PG situation as well, Beverely as the this team's starting PG with Harden not wanting to play on both ends of the court consistently really doesn't bode well for our chances next season. Is it a huge surprise that Durant isn't even considering our team?

I wouldn't be surprised if somehow the Spurs were able to lure Durant over there, but I guess with a starting lineup looking like:

Parker
    Durant
    Leonard
    Duncan
    Aldridge

You can figure out the other stuff later right? That would be amazing to see how Pops figures to best not to destroy every other team out there.

We have so many glaring weaknesses and holes on our team to the point where without Howard next year I seriously doubt we make it into the playoffs. Even with a 2014-15 Harden, who's going to be our second option?

3. hlcc

hlcc Member

They don't have the cap room full that roster,, that's unless Wade sign for the vets min and by th Whitesdr & Durant take large pay cuts

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Maybe he wants to come here because we have the best damn fans who pack the Toyota Center every night and give our team a huge homecourt advantage!!!!

Oh, wait, nvm...

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah it's the fans fault that our ownership and org are cheapskates.

DD

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If money is the same I don't see why he wouldn't go. Texas, good team, and it makes his game remind me even more of George Gervin.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That wasn't my point. My point was there isn't really any great reason for KD to come here. Not based on current org, current players, current coach, or current fans.

OKC fans give their team a huge homecourt advantage. I would think KD would like to continue having that.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Roberson was pretty good and he has the advantage of team chemistry. They chuck away a guy like that was developing a 3 point shot yet was a long sticky defender. At least give the Roberson to the Rockets. Roberson > Ariza.

9. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

Look the rockets don't need a sit down with Durant he has harden with him all the time on his personal line so he doesn't need the courtship like the other teams do

10. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

Trust me he will give the rockets a look he and harden together is dangerous

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I trust you..

12. MystikArkitect

I'll believe it when Woj says it....

.....damn.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If Durant wants a ring he'd go to Warriors.

14. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

We have no shot. Everyone just needs to accept it and move on.

There is no reason for Durant to come here. We are no better than the Thunder last year if we add Durant. We are not even a shoe in for a Finals berth like some of you think.

It would take a lot of building around Durant to make a championship team. His best bet is to go to GS, SA, or stay in OKC.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

"I told you so".

Yea I'll ****ing say it. :grin:

16. Normalus

Normalus Member

Meh, I think he stays.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Signing FAs is a numbers game, it doesn't really cost anything to try and even if you fail its the same result as not trying. Aren't you singing this same song and dance when Dwight was a free agent before? If you think the Rox do nothing but take Ls why do you even keep posting on this board? Surely you have better things to do with your time than hang around with people who "keep doing nothing but take Ls"? :rolleyes:

It's not being delusional its what separates winners from losers in life.

18. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

There is definitely risk/opportunity cost in going after everyone, especially people you have very low odds of getting, for example Durant.

In a world where everyone agrees to sign at the same time and teams have unlimited money, yeah there's no cost, but in the real world

Durant takes 3-4 days to make his decision, you think every other FA is gonna wait for Durant to make a decision before signing? While we're waiting for Durant to decide, we miss out on X,Y,Z because we told him to wait to see what Durant does.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA">@WojVerticalNBA</a> says teams meeting with Kevin Durant feel they're laying groundwork for '17 FA since they all anticipate his return to OKC.</p>&mdash; Adam Kaufman (@AdamMKaufman) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamMKaufman/status/747442053878001664">June 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Yep, sounds about right. Visiting other teams is just him doing his due diligence to see what's out there, but he signs back with OKC with the option to become a FA again next summer.

I really hope Morey has his 'real' plan in order for Friday so we can talk to those realistic options. I would prefer we try and snag two near stars than trying to lure Durant here. Split the money up on multiple players. We have to get more players that can create on this team. We wont be championship ready next year, so we need a 2 to 3 year plan. Getting the right players in this year and having some success will get us going in the right direction quickly.