1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to Warriors (Two years, $54.3M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Oh yeah, torpedoing "tier 2 firm" despite them offering tens of millions more is the most gut wrenching, family feeding, first world problem

I feel for you Kdog. Do you have gofundme? I see a go****yourselfOKC account.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Kevin Durant was "partially responsible for the loss"? With all due respect, without Durant, there may not be a game 6 or 7. You said Durant made dropped the ball and responsible for the firm's loss, but it was Durant who put the firm on top making big bucks in the first place...and maybe Durant has a coworker(or Lawyer in your case) who tried to undermine him, take over the team or insert a business strategy that he doesn't agree with.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm glad they lost too, KD, glad they lost too...

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Damn Pierce rosted him! Same with the comments from WB today. Durant is a coward no question, they were on a trajectory to surpass Gs this year if he had stayed put, and that was the first year with Donovan too. Analogy or not he acted prematurely.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Beta Durant LOL . . . He's still talking like he's relevant?

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

All this talk the media is trying to build up is more hype for the nov 3rd game bw okc and GS. It's actually pretty tiresome on both parties when they bring the situation up. Move on already. Everything is going to be spun into a "shot" at the other

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/...d-to-blow-up-his-life-to-get-his-shot-w445344

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I feel every time I read or hear something about KD now I roll my eyes.

Pen15clubber, malakas and J.R. like this.
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Stop talking KD and leave it alone.

I guess if he hadn't gone into a shell for so long after announcing the Warriors, KD could have gotten all of this out of his system sooner. He needs to permanently turn the page and only talk about his new team. This article should have come out 3 weeks ago.

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yeah, but this is coming from a guy who sticking it out meant that the team traded for two perennial All Star players in Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett who asked out of Minnesota because he wanted to go somewhere to team up with other good players and win. He has no case and should just be quiet. Their big 3 is what motivated Lebron and Bosh to join up with Wade in Miami which ultimately made KD think it was perfectly fine to do what he did.

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I didn't see Pierce jumping ship to LA to win rings. Pierce has all the room in the wold to talk about the b**** move KD pulled

Pen15clubber and malakas like this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

He talks way too much now because he can't handle the critisism and being the "villain". Good. Nice to know it affects him.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Pierce didn't go from a legit Top 5 team (what Durant had in OKC) to a defending world champion who also knocked said Top 5 team out of the playoffs after Durant lead the chokefest. That is a big big difference.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

He's also the same guy that stuck it out through some horrible Celtics seasons where he could have easily left or asked for a trade. Instead, his patience was rewarded.

Pen15clubber and malakas like this.
  17. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yeah he didn't leave to form a super team...the super team came to him. Just like D. Wade. He has no business talking about super teams when he was part of one. Just because one was formed around him doesn't give him the right to talk negatively about them. Kevin Garnett forced his way out of Minnesota because he was tired of playing for a losing organization. I don't really agree with KD going to the Warriors, but there are only a few guys that can legit trash talk him over it. MJ being one. I felt the same way when Lebron went to Miami. If you were on a team with multiple All Star players I think you need to just be quiet. Look at those old Celtics and Lakers teams for example with hall of famers littered all over the roster. Some of those guys came out and said stuff about Lebron, but they were on super teams most of their careers.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/10/19...s-i-damn-sure-wasnt-going-there-if-theyd-won/

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/...d-to-blow-up-his-life-to-get-his-shot-w445344

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You an enemy of mine now durant