1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant out indefinitely with Jones fracture

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Oct 12, 2014.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The thunder were really lucky to essentially have health for the past several years. And once that injury bug strikes...many fall victim. Looking like OKC is starting this year off terribly... #DuranttoHOU

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I not sure I have ever seen so many serious for one team so soon. I'm being serious.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They weren't "lucky" when WB went down and did decently without him.

I believe the Thunder will stumble without KD because he's the one guy that must be on the floor. He makes Coach Bonehead's basic playground of an offense work.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

05-06 Rockets were pretty bad, I think we made it a game or two before the first major injury though.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

OKC will slip, but WB is going to explode. It will be rough in the beginning as WB has to figure out how teams will stack up against him. But I think OKC will figure it out and play great ball until KD returns. First 10 games will be challenging though.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Still not as bad as the pacers; they won't have west, hill, or Watson for a while in addition to pg13

7. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

i dont think its irony its perhaps kinda subte pointer to the truth...in my personal life i was always the healthiest when i was the least cautious....sometimes the more cautious you get the less healthy you become....its called the law of reverse effect in psychology i think...

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This isn't an overreaction to their game last night. I'm just looking at their roster. They're in the west...

It's somewhat easy for them to overcome the loss of Westbrook. Durant? Not so much.

The Kings have a better roster right now. OKC is't exceptionally well coached. They're going to bad this year until Durant gets back. Not sure why the media is sliding them in projected 2nd or 3rd. This is the west, man. Slaughterhouse.

Westbrook appears to be visibly happy he's not playing alongside Durant right now. Lol.