1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant Injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, May 8, 2019.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Unfortunately this. People tend to forget that the Dubs were champs without Durant. Still, I predict this goes 7.

2. Mike Breen

Mike Breen Member

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

whether he avoided the dreaded achilles or not, he'll be out for both games remaining. it is what it is. GS will feel what we all felt a year ago. nobody really felt sorry for the loss of cp3 besides houston fans. talking heads barely mention him being out to this day for the last two games. injuries suck but the game does move on and someone has to win

hou$tonScrew$tonTX, HP3, jb86 and 3 others like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

GS has plenty of other players who can fill the gap. He went down in the third and they still won last night.

There is a danger that the Rockets won't play as hard because they feel they are playing lesser team. We will lose unless we come out with maximum energy and effort.

Curry is capable of picking up the slack. Klay is always a threat, Green does what Green does, and Iggy was a former all-star himself.

Hopefully not having Durant out there will keep us from being stretched out and missing key rebounds.

PeterKingX and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

GS having to do this or 48 mins will be a different animal. Remember that they don't even have a Harrison Barnes type of player out there right now.

Dantoni should be fired If we can't beat Curry, Klay, Green, Iggy.

#65 sammy, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The Rockets HAVE to smell blood in the water, and attack GS early tomorrow night. I want to see a team that understands what's at stake, and plays with intensity and fire. GS will be feeling the mental and physical effects of not having a 35 ppg scorer and creator on the floor, but if we allow them to gain confidence by playing soft and lethargic again, we can't and won't beat them. ****ING. HOOP!

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and YOLO like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

For sure. For a team that we all know is completely obsessed with GS and has been working for how long now to beat them now. There won't be a better opportunity here than this. Unfortunately, they do have to win 2 but they put themselves in that position. Do they want this as badly as we're told. These last two games will certainly tell us

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets were down 3 when Durant made that shot. I believe it was 68-65. I agree that what they did over 14 minutes last night will be very hard to duplicate for 48 minutes. Especially if the Rockets don't spot the Warriors a 20-point lead(or even a double-digit lead). I'm not making excuses because you have to come up with loose balls, but odds are pretty good the guys were worn out late in the 4th quarter from having to fight back from multiple large deficits, especially at a tough place like Oracle.

I know this is simplistic, but the Rockets have to come out and take it to the Warriors. Make them play from behind and they'll be worn out by the 4th quarter.

YOLO likes this.
  9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yep, we need to blow them out and really have them second guessing themselves heading into game 7

jboslett and Tfor3 like this.
  10. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Exactly. The Rockets had *so many* chances to take and build a lead, but they could not seize the opportunities that their great defense offered them.

PeterKingX likes this.
  11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't wish injury on anybody* but yeah....if the Rockets can't beat GS without Durant, then we don't deserve to go any further (really? no ****, ima). Ironically, it would actually make me feel a little better about how we've played against them since they acquired Durant. Like we can't use that as an excuse anymore.

*except Draymond Green

durvasa likes this.
  12. csc177

csc177 Member

This could be one of the craziest stories ever. We lose CP last year going up 3-2 and Warriors win the next two.

Warriors lose Kevin going up 3-2 - I’m praying the basketball Gods let the Rockets return the favor for once. Good fortune has not been on our side since clutch city.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

14. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I don’t think we can beat them even without Durant.

15. smp

smp Member

I think you remove max contracts and implement a hard cap. No luxury tax. No exemptions. You can only spend X dollars period. Somebody would pay KD so much that he wouldn’t walk away from many millions of dollars to form a super team. The superstars would disperse across the league rather than join forces.

Nick_713 and durvasa like this.
  16. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Boogie had a big game though and he's not playing either.

ipaman and houston19519 like this.
  17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I've had calf strains and I've ruptured my achillies. The reaction I had to both are completely different. The reaction I had to a calf strain was much more painful initially and I had to be helped off, not being able to put any pressure on that leg. The reaction I had to my achillies rupture (a complete rupture of my right achillies tendon that happened during a soccer game) was a lot like Durant's last night. I thought someone had kicked me in the calf. The pain wasn't really that intense. But you quickly realize that your foot doesn't work and that's what it looked like to me. The way Durant was walking looked to me like it's not the calf. I think they know this already, too. There's a quick test the Dr. can do by pinching in a specific spot on the calf that, if the achillies is in tact, the foot will move (kind of like the reflex test they'll do on your knee).

I wouldn't wish a rupture on my worst enemy. It's awful. Whether you repair it with surgery or not (I went with not), he's still done with this playoffs and likely well into next season if that's what it is. I hope it really is "only" a calf strain.

BigShasta and SamFisher like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm just worrried the Rockets have overhauled themsoelves so completely to minimizing the impact of the Hamptons 5 lineup and basically inviting the Warriors into a steady diet of long Durant jumpers (even though they go in a lot) that it's going to be tough to switch it up defensively.

19. Mr. Space City

Their ball movement is better without Durant.

No more isos

#79 Mr. Space City, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    J.R. and davidxhz like this.
  20. csc177

csc177 Member

Splash brothers will go off now and may honestly put us away - I wouldn’t be surprised at all