1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kerry says our troops are "Terrorizing" Iraqi Children

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Svpernaut, Dec 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

So you disagree that the securing of Iraq should fall to Iragis? You want American soldiers to stay over there and police the region forever huh. Why do you hate our soldiers so much?

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

What's the topic? When did the word terrorize only become associated with "Terrorism." I mean, that's the point you guys are trying to make isn't it? What do you think those kids feel when troops knock down their door and storm in to take their dads away? I get it, Kerry's lying, the kids aren't scared, they are too busy looking for flowers and candy to give to the troops.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nonsense, if there is one thing in this entire universe children love, it's war and teletubbies.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course the comments weren't Kerry's they were taken from an official report on what was going on in Iraq.

Kerry was reporting from that very report. Is there something wrong with reading from reports?

5. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

I agree with his statement, how could anyone not? Should American soldiers be doing that?

Is ya'lls complaint that they aren't doing that and that Kerry said that they were?

What many heavy handed military types never seem to understand but it has been proven through out history, is that sometimes less is more when dealing with an insurgency.

The US DOES need to go after the foreign fighters as hard as they can, but not the Iraqi's.

Too much force can sometimes be counter productive. It can create so much animosity that you enter into a losing battle.

Hearts and minds is very real. Not every answer is more guns.

6. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Bingo! I hope the gun-ho radicals on this board would heed advice from the veteran, if you decide to enlist in the military (not that I really expect it from you other than tough talks). Nobody is born insurgent. The least you want to do is to create more on the fly.

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

ask dick durban. all he did was read an official cia report about what was going on at abu grab and say it sounds like things that happened under stalin, pol pot, ect. he never said our troops were nazis and commies.

you know what though? he was right. the things he was reading FROM AN OFFICIAL CIA REPORT did sound like something out of those regimes. it was ceritainly not something that sounded american.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

what do you think demoralizes troops or puts them in harm's way??

John Kerry reading the facts from a CIA report?

Or

sending them to a war justified by WMDs and when they get there no WMD's are found and the intelligence was manipulated?

not having an actual plan for victory except for buzz words "shock and awe", "cake walk", "greeted as liberators"..

disbanding Iraqi army/police in the first place?

leaving the soldiers there open to attacks from insurgents and foreign terrorists?

having a policy which allows torture and defend it which gives more reasons for iraqis to join the insurgency and gives insurgents more reason to attack american soldiers..

thanks in advance for your reply..

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this is sooooooooo stupid. first all, the dudes quoting a report. second, if I'm not mistaken, this is a guy who actually served his country unlike idiots who criticize him for being a traitor who would never set foot on a military base. its not just stupid, its sickening.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

why does the CIA hate America?

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

and lastly, this a report advising how to win the peace and get troops home.

12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Umm, he isn't quoting anything from a report... and we need reading comprehension courses? He went on National TV and stated that our troops need to stop terrorizing the people of Iraq and "breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs". Does he agree with something he read in a report, probably, but there are reports saying to the contrary as well. The bottom line is he is one of the most well know US politicians and he is openly bashing our troops on national television further strengthening the resolve of our enemy. Pathetic.

As for the jackass that said something along the lines of "listen to an enlisted man" or try doing it yourself... I was enlisted in the Army and gave up everything in my life to do so... so shut your trap. My best friend of 15 years is currently in the Army, we joined up together... trust me I would be there if I could. I know and have talked to scores of soldiers over there and ALL of them know what they are doing is right and most want to go back. The military re-enlistments are more then they expected and the success stories from the soldiers themselves is the only way you should get them.

I find it amazing that you hear of NONE of the success stories over there, because failure sells more then success and you defeatests, you same ones that parent's spit on our troops coming home from Vietnam will never be happy until our military is disolved and we live in a utopia... well it isn't going to happen because your idiotic leaders keep opening their traps and pissing more and more Americans off, so let Dean and Kerry keep talking because we'll see at the polls in 2006 just how idiotic your leaders are again.

Your leaders have tried for ten years to get back into the game, and they just keep failing over and over... and for that, I thank them. Republican leaders are far from perfect, but at least they don't make a complete mockery of our country or military.

13. No Worries

A hate filled document if I have ever heard of one!!!

14. No Worries

Pass whatever you are smoking over to me!!!

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm sure the enemy is watching "Face the Nation"

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Hmm, what would piss people off more and cause them to become insurgents. Kerry saying that he doesn't want our troops to be over there and having to burst into people's houses in the middle of the night, an act that will always scare women and children, or the actual act itself? The inurgents aren't watching Face the Nation, they are hearing from friends and relatives first hand.

17. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

"They hate our freedoms -- our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech, our freedom to vote and assemble and disagree with each other."

-GWB

Wow, you are being so obtuse about his statement. No where in there does Kerry say that the troops are doing anything morally wrong, that they are bad people, or that they should be reprimanded. He points out that right now Iraqis, men, women, and children, are terrified of what the US military is doing. When people who don't speak your language bust into your house in the middle of the night on a random search, or pull one of your family members out of the house with no explanation you can understand, you would be terrified?

You DO need reading comprehension skills Svpernaut. Why? Because you ignored the last freaking sentence that YOU QUOTED. Here it is again.

So, if you understood the concept of context and connotation, you would understand that Kerry believes that Iraqis, who understand the language and the customs who should be carrying out these missions because they wouldn't create the confusion and fear that comes when neither side speaks the same language or has any common means of communication. I'll ask again, if foreign troops you couldn't communicate with busted into your house and took one of your family members away, wouldn't you and your children be terrified? Kerry isn't faulting the troops or bashing them at all, he's simply pointing out a problem that's going on right now. If you would open your eyes for a second you would see that if anything Kerry's statements show that he wants the mission in Iraq to go as smoothly for US soliders and Iraqis as possible. If you need help with any more reading comprehension, please let me know, I could use the practice before the LSAT...

18. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

So the Republican FY 2006 budget last March that cut $14.5 billion from veterans' funding was only a semi-mockery?

Were they only partly mocking our country when the White House griped that various pay-and-benefits incentives added to the 2004 defense budget by Congress are wasteful-- and unnecessary — including a modest proposal to double the $6,000 gratuity paid to families of troops who die on active duty?

How much honor and integrity was there when the administration announced that on Oct. 1 it wants to roll back recent modest increases in monthly imminent-danger pay (from $225 to $150) and family-separation allowance (from $250 to $100) for troops getting shot at in combat zones?

19. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

God forbid we would have anything like that...

Peace on earth, good will towards men?

*** that

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

so now those that disagree w/ you are not only bastards, pigs and jackholes (oh, my!), but jackasses too? again, seems like someone who brings up their christianity so much around here could refrain from such abusive language.

since we are into name calling though, you sir are a coward for refusing to answer my question as to whether or not then gov. bush's comments regarding the need for a timetable for withdrawl and an exit strategy during kosovo hurt the troops.

when tom delay called any success related to the kosovo operation "a farce" is that not a slap in the face to the soldiers fighting over there? do you think they felt their mission was a farce?

dont be a coward - answer my question! :cool: