1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

kenyon martin wants out of nj!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a-rock, Aug 9, 2003.

1. a-rock

a-rock Member

according to espn kenyon martin asks for a trade!

would be great to see the rockets landing this guy, but without giving up either francis or yao it won´t happen...

2. dn1282

dn1282 Member

he wants out because he wants more money. I don't see how we fit into this...seeing as how we just turned down a $24 million contract for posey.

3. huby_n1

huby_n1 Member

If you know it's not gonna happen, then why start this thread to begin with?

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Kenyon Martin would be a bench warming scrub in the Western Conference.

5. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Rockets03 you're crazyee. Kenyon Martin is the brother you love to hate. he doesnt back down, from nobody. and you know what, not only is he in the upper echelon of talent, but he's not a p***y like Duncan, he's one of thosejunkyard dogs you need on every team(like Elie) who says you know what forget letting the **** come to me, ill instigatge the ****. he could be the first Rocket player worthy of the initials B.A.M.F(Bad Ass Muther Focker), this is all irrelevant cause it aint gonna happen but if he is really a possible acquisition the Rockets should go all out for him, balls to walls.

; )

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

his shot is terrible and his free throw shooting is decent. he's a hardnosed player..rebounds well...defends well..but i WOULD NOT pay him 87 mil. 8.7 maybe..but not 87

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Would I love to have Kenyon Martin on the Rockets? yes.

Would I love to have him for 87 million over 6 years? GOOD GOD NO! that's what he wants. maybe 50 million. MAYBE.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

i just re-thought that. i'd give him 70 million if they'd do a sign and trade for mo taylor and moochie BUT WHY IN GODS NAME WOULD THEY DO THAT?

9. Yao Dat

Yao Dat Member

Maybe we can add Mobley and get Jefferson back. Mobley/Taylor/Maybe Norris for Martin/Jefferson. :D

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

:rolleyes: Come on, seriously, come on.

11. Sane

Sane Member

He's just trying to get his contract. He won't leave NJ, and they won't LET him leave NJ.

However, in a dream world, I would offer up Eddie Griffin, Cuttino Mobley and their choice of anyone but Steve Francis and Yao Ming, for Kittles and Kenyon.

12. munco

munco Member

K-Mart is good, but he's not worth the max which is what he wants. Maybe he'll become a max type player, but I don't think he deserves that now. Is he even one of the top 5 Power Forwards in the game? Is he one of the top ten players in the league? Top 15? Top 20? To get max money, you should be a superstar. Not star, but legitimate superstar. Kmart isn't there yet, but could be.

13. Malakai 2001

Malakai 2001 Member

In a perfect world I wish like hell we could come up with a package to get KMart but it'll never happen. Of all of the players on the Nets he's my favorite. Im from New Jersey originally. I just cant see the Nets letting him go. He's the heart of their team.
    He embodies everything that our forwards lack. I dont think that theres anyone from H town that didn't watch the playoffs and wish we had someone like him on our team. But as we all know It Will Never Happen. We'd rather spend our money on overweight pot smoking backup powerforwards that don't rebound, skinny pot smoking first round busts, slow footed three point shooters w/o defense, and Bobble head doll on a stick And One video commercial shooting overpayed backup point guards.

14. Sane

Sane Member

It must be noted, though, that Tim Duncan harrasses him as if he were a little girl. Look at the championship game, and the games before that. Duncan destroyed K-Mart.

15. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

K-Mart is not even in the same league as Elton Brand. Even Amare has more potential. He looks good in NJ cuz the east is freaking weak. The same goes for J O'Neal and Jason Kidd. OVERRATED! They will all get destroyed in the west.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Actually, it is his back up I wish the Rox could spring loose -- Aaron Williams. AW would be just short of AWesome to have as a 25 min/game b/u at the 4/5.

As for KMart? He's not worth the max and he's not heading here.

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I would not like to see Kenyon Martin on the Rockets. How would he ever fit into a finesse team like the Houston Rockets? I want to see clever and well executed Team Basketball I dont need to watch the WWF mixed in with the NBA. I cant understand this urge for a hard nose style game, we have the WWF and American Football plus all the contact sports to satisfy that mentality. :D

18. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Sane -
    Don't know about the games before the '03 Finals but look at NJ's 3 pt%'s for that series...horrendous. Easy for SA to pack the paint and force a turnaround J..not Martin's best shot. If you go strictly by stats, Brand doesn't do so well against Duncan either.

19. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

When his extension kicks in, Rice and Maloney's salary will be off the books. Also, we would be trading salary to match his current salary.

Houston trades:
    SG Cuttino Mobley (17.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 41.7 minutes)
    C Kelvin Cato (4.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.3 apg in 17.1 minutes)
    PF Maurice Taylor (8.4 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.0 apg in 20.6 minutes)

Houston receives:
    PF Kenyon Martin (16.7 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 2.4 apg in 34.1 minutes)
    C Dikembe Mutombo (5.8 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 21.4 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -7.9 ppg, +1.1 rpg, and -1.0 apg.

New Jersey trades:
    PF Kenyon Martin (16.7 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 2.4 apg in 34.1 minutes)
    C Dikembe Mutombo (5.8 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 21.4 minutes)

New Jersey receives:
    SG Cuttino Mobley (17.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 73 games)
    C Kelvin Cato (4.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.3 apg in 73 games)
    PF Maurice Taylor (8.4 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.0 apg in 67 games)
    Change in team outlook: +7.9 ppg, -1.1 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

20. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Even if K-Mart deserved the max, which he doesn't (has the guy even been an all-star?), there is no way we can afford him. We've allready got two players to whom we will give the max while who knows how good EG will get. We then have Cato, Mo, and Mooch who are locked up for the next few years and have relatively little value when it comes to shipping K-Mart over here. The only player on our roster that has any sort of value is Cat and if NJ wants to take Cat and a few peices of trash for K-Mart, they're the most r****ded team in the league. They can easily get a Rashard Lewis or a Caron Butler out of this.