1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenyon Martin sprained his right knee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dragon167, Mar 29, 2003.

1. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0329/1531306.html

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New Jersey forward Kenyon Martin sprained his right knee during the third quarter of the Nets' game against Golden State on Saturday night.

Martin fell hard to the floor after being fouled by Antawn Jamison on a drive to the basket with 8:18 left in the quarter. The No. 1 pick in the 2000 draft flexed his knee after getting up, and it was obvious that he was in pain.

Martin stayed in the game and took two foul shots, missing the first and making the second. He limped downcourt after the second and committed a foul to stop play.

He left the court with Nets trainer Tim Walsh.

Martin is averaging 16.5 points and a team-high 8.3 rebounds. He has picked up his game lately, averaging 22.1 points in the last seven.

Martin had 13 points and seven rebounds in 23 minutes before being hurt.

I like nets and hopefully he will be alright but sit out monday's game. Suns could win pistons on road and rockets can win nets on road too.

2. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

no i hope he can play, and damn i wish we had him too, then maybe we would win! he dunks the hell outta the ball on everyone, something we need ! for real though :eek:

3. jli

jli Member

He was blocked at least twice by Yao Ming last time.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes, we play them next, but... come on. Let's keep the "other team"-related stuff over in the NBA Forum.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Kenyon Martin would be a bench player in the West. He benifits big time from playing with Kidd and espcecially playing in the Easter Conference.

6. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

That's good news...the bad news is Mutumbo is back.

7. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I got a hunch Kevin Garnett and Flip Saunders wouldn't agree with you. I won't argue that the EC is on par with the WC, but a former Rockets starter isn't excactly tearing it up over there.

8. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I love his aggressiveness and attitude but he's really got no offense other than the ferocious dunks he throws down. Playing with Kidd definitely helps him but in terms of talent I see him as a (I can't believe I'm actually saying this) poor man's Maurice Taylor. Taylor has pretty much found a way to master the finesse game along with the power game. He probably has the softest mid range jumper on the team but definitely isn't afraid to mix it up down low.