1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kent Bazemore

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Cashmoney, May 27, 2015.

1. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

After Atlanta's implosion in the ECF, Bazemore would be had easily. Not a sexy name, but he's exactly the kind of player Morey would be interested in. I also feel he would be an exceptional asset to acquire. Obviously if you took two minutes to look up his stats/splits he's fairly underwhelming. But he's long, athletic and quick.

He can also shoot the three ball (over 37% the past two seasons). He's a combo guard, floats between the 2 and 3 spot, he'd be excellent in small ball lineups. In fact, even at his size, he could probably slide over to the 4 in small ball situations. He is an abysmal free throw shooter, but the upside is huge. If Morey were to add Lawson and Bazemore in the offseason we can win it all next season (not that this year is over either).

A lineup of Lawson/Harden/Ariza (Brewer)/Bazemore/Howard (Smoove, DMO) for small ball would be insane.

Aside from McHale's love for going small, he would bring a lot to the team. Like I said, he can shoot the three, capable of handling the ball.

A lineup next year of:

Lawson/Beverley
    Harden/Bazemore/Brewer*
    Ariza/McDaniels/Brewer*
    Dmo/Smoove*
    Howard/Dmo/Capela

Is scary good. Looks championship calibre.

* denotes a player who I am unsure about for next season.

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

And anyone with any sort of weight backs him down easily. I would hate to see him at the 4.

There's a lot of people out there who would look worse coming off the bench though.

3. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Good call, thanks for the insight. Like I said "probably", as in limited spurts there, but I'm glad you see my point. Would be a very good acquisition.

4. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

The way to win now is to stock pile 6'6 player

5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I would like him on the Rockets (for the right price). But I am hesitant to use the MLE on him.

First I want us to get a good PG, I am curious what Mcdaniels wil bring at the 2-3.

6. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Totally agree.

[​IMG]

7. basketballholic

Bazemore is definitely a fit here in our transition game. But he would have to be traded for because he is not a free agent. I wouldn't want to pay more than a future late second rounder and possibly Jones for him. But if he could be had for something like that I'd like it. He's very fast end-to-end and while not quite the finisher Brewer is, he's close. So if Brewer winds up walking on us and we could get Bazemore cheap that would be good in my opinion.