1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kent Bazemore meeting with Rockets as we speak (UPDATE: Signs with Hawks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets pulled out all stops with Bazemore. Played for MDA in LA, w/ Harden in OKC summer league. Clyde, Hakeem, Les, Thad, Morey all there.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/748891020423667713">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bazemore a fan of MDA, his system. He's extremely tight with Al Horford, Rockets' target today. Both happy in Atlanta and could return.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/748891401216069632">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Sounds like they really want the guy

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bazemore a fan of MDA, his system. He's extremely tight with Al Horford, Rockets' target today. Both happy in Atlanta and could return.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/748891401216069632">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

4. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

blow this team up and rebuild.

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I dont like this "both could return"

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We have a top five player that is 26 years old.

Are you r****ded?

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Okay, Feigen sealed it, we will not sign him.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'll admit i know nothing about Bazemore other than he's a good defender and he's 3 inches shorter than Ariza at the same position but they have very similar #'s. Does he really have a 7 foot wingspan? That sounds ridiculous.
    What's his game like other than D? Is a 27 year old career 6ppg, 2rpg an 2apg player worth $20 mil a year? I'm just curious how this is any different from having Ariza on the roster. Do we really expect him to keep up his 3.8 DWS from last year on a team coached by Mike D'Antoni? Defensive players seem to be pretty worthless on our team given that Harden can't/wont play D and today you can't have a single weak link with all the switching required.

Someone help me figure out why this is worth it compared to paying Dwight the 24 mil he wants?

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kent Bazemore's agent says <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> brought impressive group to meeting. <a href="https://t.co/bbfouHNhmc">pic.twitter.com/bbfouHNhmc</a></p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/748891822999498753">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

10. mario elie

mario elie Member

THANK YOU!

There was one premiere free agent. We didn't get him. Move onto plan B, which frankly, is a pretty good one. Jesus, Rockets fans are more insufferable than ever.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's fine to bring a nice delegation but if we miss out on him over $2.5M / yr, I'll be kinda pissed.

his ask is too high, I understand, but you're going to end up paying *somebody* and the options are going to dwindle pretty quickly.

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

imagine if Hakeem & Clyde were present in a Tim Thomas, Austin Croshere, Bobby Simmons, Jerome James contract negotiation meeting.

it is equivalent to Bazemore.

1 person likes this.
  13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

My guess is the Rox probably offered him in the range of 12-15 top per, and that's the key, he is 27 and knowing where he is coming from, if another team will offer even a mil more per, I don't think he will leave any money on the table.

He is more likely to go to teams like the Nets rather than to the Rox.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is not true.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Exactly my point.

Its sad and also funny that to see this franchise is falling to this level.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'm guessing they really want Bazemore because they know that's the path to Horford's heart? They must really want a deal agreed on before their meeting with Horford.

17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Solid list

I'd also like to add Brian Cardinal and Brian Scalabrine.

1 person likes this.
  18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

There's the key to why they want him so bad....

He's the key to go after Al...

T_Man

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But what about taxes and cost of living? An extra mil or two from the Nets won't amount to much if anything.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Why don't you pick up the phone and ask Morey to sign Mike Miller and then trade for Napier and James Jones now?