1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Thomas taking over 76ers!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kiki, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Kiki

Kiki Member

Did anyone else notice Kenny Thomas' stats from yesterday's game?

20 pts (9-18), 6 rebs, 7 assists

...and the most amazing stat is, he lead the team in pts, rebs, assists, AND shots!! He took more shots that AI!!

Looks like Kenny has found the promised land, where he can take as many shots as he wants. I like Kenny and I hope he does well, but he just didn't fit on the Rox with so many other guys looking for shots.

I don't have any regrets about the trade, but does anyone else? (these numbers do look good...)

2. SLA

SLA Member

I noticed it. I watched the game. Hmm...looks exactly the same.

ONLY DIFFERENCE.....
    HE PASSED WAY MORE. I don't know how but he actually passed. He was good yesterday. He is a good player...he made a few turnovers but he made good passes that he never made here. I hope he does good with the 76ers as long as Allen Iverson helps. They should have won yesterday if they had Keith Van Horn...YEP......HE HAS HIS PLAYING TIME NOW. He played like the entire game! I think he is working much harder...he did OK on Amare...along with Baylor's Brian Skinner and oldie Derrick Coleman. GOOD LUCK TO KENNY!

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

He has a 20 point game and he's "taking over" the Sixers??

I don't know about that, but he might be the difference in Philly beating New Jersey in the playoffs this year...

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Didn't the 76ers get killed in that game?

Anyway, I'm not surprised. It is pretty common for a recently traded player to really go nuts in his first few games with his new team before settling down into his regular game. Not that Posey did it (unless *gulp* he did!). But remember when Barkley came and had like 30 rebounds against Phoenix? I'm not knocking Thomas; he's a good player and I'm glad he's getting a fast start; I just don't think he'll keep up on that level of play, especially the assists.

5. Truth

Truth Member

Same ol' Kenny, same ol' missed easy layups.

6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

He has had a better game here vs The Hornets with
    29 pts (12/22) 10 rebs and 5 ast, lost that game too.

So I wouldn't say he is taking over. He had a good game and I'm sure he will have more. I hope he does just not when they play The Rockets. And I'm still happy with the trade. I like the results.

Blatz

7. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

It still hurst to see him jacking loooong range jump shots? I don't like it when players do not know their limitations - Kenny is at best a Malik Rose (which is not bad) and he should concentrate on taking middle-middle distance shots and layups. Where they not blown out anyway?

8. SLA

SLA Member

lol.......Kenny never shot from that far out. He missed all of them. I don't know...why he's starting to pass and shooting from that far out.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

At best is he a Malik Rose? I'd hate to know the opposite end of that spectrum.

Kenny had a couple of 5-6 assist games for us as well. But of course the Kenny haterz on this board are not going to bring that up.

Malik Rose at his best is not close to Kenny Thomas.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Kenny Thomas had the green-light-means-GO in that game with Keith Van Horn in the locker room with a case of bad tummy.

Still, he's acquitting himself pretty well overall.

11. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Problem with Kenny is his inconsistency

Even with the ROckets he'd have a series of good games followed by a series of piss-poor games.

His stat line for the previous game (a Sixers win):

12/31 @Lac
    35min 3-12FG 8REB 1AST 3STL 0BLK 1TO 6PTS

Looking at his Rockets game log, you'll find as many "good" games as you do "bad" games.

His stats so far for the Sixers

33mpg 41FG% 8rpg 2apg 1spg 0.3bpg 1.7tpg 10ppg

Not bad but not "taking over." The guy is not even seen as the man at PF over there. His purpose is to keep Derrick Coleman fresh for the playoffs.

12. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I love Kenny, and his work ethic. Yes, he's been a black hole at times, but he'll get better. He gets better every year, and he's got great fundamentals and quickness. He'll do even better in the Eastern Conference with his height. I'm glad he continued to play like he has, so we were able to get someone good in trade, since his height will always be a problem in the Western Conference.

... I watched the game last night, mostly just to see Kenny. They kept talking Kenny Thomas up throughout the game. But, they also mentioned that Philly has lost the last 7 out of 8 games, including last night. Kenny is doing good, but Philly is doing bad... I hope that changes.

13. SLA

SLA Member

Yeah...that commentator kept on complimenting Kenny Thomas and saying he was a great addition. I just wanted to see Kenny and see them beat the Suns. I only dislike the Suns because their power forward is a competitor against Yao for the Rookie of the Year. And they are the other team that are like us...didnt' make the playoffs last year but are going to this year. And they beat us. I want to beat them. Did they make the playoffs last year? Don't think so...anyways. Good luck to Kenny Thomas ONCE again.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's just a little better than the Griffin/Taylor two-headed monster.

But just a little.

I'm sure Eddie and Mo will have combined games like that...eventually...maybe next year...

15. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

boy, kenny looks pretty good in that jersey~

16. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Keep up the good work Kenny. Hope you do well.

17. SLA

SLA Member

lol...Kenny Thomas is better than Eddie Griffin and Maurice Taylor combined.

Patience.

18. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

What is the deal with sports teams I like? Every time they trade someone or one of their players signs with another team, they become really good. For example, my favorite team is the Cheifs. Rich Gannon leaves them and goes to their rivals, the Raiders, and becomes an MVP. I'm beginning to think if Francis was traded he'd have Jason Kidd numbers, except with more points and rebounds.

19. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Francis has increased his scoring average over 23 points per game since being traded to the Rockets...

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

How is Thomas' averages of 10 points (41% shooting) and 8 rebounds with the 76ers "really good"?