1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Smith, the DOUBTER!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, May 9, 2018.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

To me, it seems like Kenny is trying way too hard to sound like a coach.

It’s no secret that he wants to be a coach in the NBA and even interviewed for some positions in the past few years.

With multiple teams possibly looking to make a coaching change, what better way to show off than on live tv where you can talk playoff basketball?

I’ve notice since the playoffs began, he’s been trying to sound more serious and tries to find nuances to the game, as if he was interviewing right then and there for a head coaching gig.

Most of the things he says, I’m convinced, are for him to stand out, no matter how crazy they are. Some GM is going to be impressed.

Like tonight, with how the Rockets can’t win with what’s got them there? What kind of logic is that? Is he proposing that the Rockets forget about the last 6 months and try something new?

Would the ‘94 Rockets abandon feeding Hakeem in the post and letting him work? Hell NO. You stick with what’s got you there, especially if you have HOF talent like a Harden/CP3/Hakeem.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I appreciate the titles

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Of course you do! We all do! We’re Rockets fans! We have a team with a great history and potentially a great present! I, like most fans, simply understand that the titles have absolutely nothing to do with the current Rockets basketball team and I’m more concerned with that right now...

Appreciation and obsession are very different things, sir.

Richie_Rich, Houstunna and hakeem94 like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its all scripted bs to get views
    ask @tinman

5. tinman

Supporting Member

you realize if Clutch City never happened, this site wouldn't exist

The Rockets would be in Lousville Kentucky

All of this was real

You may hold contempt for what TV people say about the Rockets
    but that is just this social media obsessed generation who care more about television respect than championships

TNT is not paid by the Rockets
    There is no anti Rocket narrative

If there was a Pro Rockets narrative, nobody will post here anymore

6. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Sam cassel has made Kenny Smith obsolete

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed
    I have grown to hate Kenny Smith's silly ass opinions
    I am ready to strike his picture off all Rockets history

Rocket River

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's always been F Kenny Smith for me.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Kenny Smith is not as smart as he thinks he is. He is supposed to be the basketball expert on the show and Chuck and Shaq are the comedy relief. Actually, they are all comedians. Kenny and Chuck have been hating on the Rockets for decades. If they beat GS, I promise you that they will predict that LBJ will beat them. And, if they win it all, they will say they were just lucky. If you are waiting for those two to praise any Rocket team, it will never happen.

Houstunna, dreamshakin and tmoney1101 like this.
  10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I never thought I’d say this but **** Kenny. I don’t even think he’s rooting for us internally. We all know JVG secretly roots for us but has to be unbiased on TV. He’s more of a Houstonian than kenny ever was. Kenny can consider his H Town pass revoked.

Scarface281 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

You continually respond to me with points that have nothing to do with what I have said...

Houstunna and Sajan like this.
  12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

And there is a clear anti Rockets narrative that comes from your boys at TNT. It’s just not anti 90’s Rockets so you don’t care. They are stuck in their era just like you are. They can’t see how the game has evolved and is much better now than it ever has been.

Just admit that you don’t care about the current Rockets! If you did, you would see the anti Rockets narrative coming from clowns like Kenny Smith!

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I've talked to Kenny and Charles before

Have you talked to Stephen A Smith or Kellerman

or Offset or Migos or Tekashi69

14. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

As FTW would say “line that b**** up”

Snow Villiers likes this.
  15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Stop acting like Clutch City era fans weren't equally obsessed about lack of respect from the media. We absolutely were.

Kenny is just wrong on this. Not his opinion...but that the Rockets can't play defense? Or they can't play a slower pace? That's empirically wrong. He looks like a fool. I question how much he's actually watched us play this season when I hear him say stuff like that.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Thats because we WON A TITLE and got disrespected for that reason!

Plus the media was like 3 channels and sports illustrated

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

We were disrespected before that....and people cared. I sure did.

Kenny is just wrong on this. Not his opinion...but that the Rockets can't play defense? Or they can't play a slower pace? That's empirically wrong. He looks like a fool. I question how much he's actually watched us play this season when I hear him say stuff like that.

18. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

And Daryl Morey brought Kenny Smith to Toyota Center team practice
    and James Harden appeared before Kenny, brought him low with his crossover, nailed a stepback three, and said "Be not faithless, but believing."
    And Kenny said unto him, "My Lord, my Lord!"
    The Beard said unto him, "Kenny, because your ankles are broken, thou hast believed, but blessed are those whose ankles are still intact and yet still believe."

Houstunna and Killatron 2000 like this.
  19. TheresTheDagger

When these clowns are in Houston, I hope they get booed incesantly. Screw em.

You don't get to trash our team for YEARS and come here and suddenly everything is ok.

Houstunna likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Like so many of us, I don't understand why Kenny is the way he is about the Rockets. Chuck? It was always about Alexander apparently stiffing him of 7 figures after Barkley had been promised a good payday later if "he would take less now," so the Rockets could sign Quitten. A change of ownership in Houston and Charles almost immediately gets rid of the chip on his shoulder when it comes to the Rocks. Barkley I can understand, even if I often don't agree with the guy. Kenny? What's the matter with you, Kenny?

MadMax, Houstunna and tinman like this.