1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Smith riding around Beaumont?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, May 8, 2017.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not even close. I don't agree at all.
    When the Rockets sucked he said so.
    He's being paid for his honest opinion.

He owes nothing to the Rockets.

He would be selling out his integrity for nut hugging the Rockets.

When Magic Johnson said the Lakers suck did they remove his name from the rafters ?

I seriously hate how over sensitive Clutchfans is sometimes

It's like we turned into Jeremy Lin fans when he jacks up an air ball we blame the city of Houston for it

2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Tinman, answer me this question. Do you think the Rockets have no chance to win the championship this year? Yes or no?

Honest question, not here to start a pointless fight which will prove futile for both of us.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

I go with Vegas odds
    It doesn't change who I root for

According to Vegas last time I saw it was 15 to 1

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Don't forget Clutchfans roasted TNT during the McGrady era for not saying we were not title contenders
    What happened

5. Tha_Dude

Sure, that's what Vegas says. But, I want to know what you say not what Vegas says.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not going to say the rockets are going to win the title out of blind homerism

basketballholic likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

Kenny smith has been on TNT for how many years ? 15?

If you want to challenge me that Kenny is representing clutch city , I have dozens of YouTube videos I can post proving I'm right

8. tinman

Supporting Member

I also think it's the wrong time to diss on Kenny Smith when he mom died less than a week ago

Kenny if you don't think we are going to win the title, no Rockets fan will feel you need to show blind homerism
    You had a great Rockets career and Les ain't paying you to work on TNT

ooooaaaah! likes this.
  9. Tha_Dude

I never asked you to say that, I just wanted your opinion on the current state of the Rockets. If you have nothing to say then that's fine, don't say anything.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

The state of the Rockets?
    We're 2 games from the WCF and losing Nene really hurts us. I think we will win cause Aldridge is playing like crap.

Stop the Kenny hate. I will always oppose anyone who hates on Kenny.

basketballholic and Tha_Dude like this.
  11. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

So what happens in Beaumont? Cheap hookers?

12. Asian Sensation

Kenny Smith is a Rockets legend and he knows where he comes from and is forever grateful to Hakeem for everything he has. The rings, recognition, seat on inside etc. Anybody that speaks/thinks that highly of Hakeem is also loyal to Houston cause you know... Hakeem is Houston.

Skip to 1:20

He even got his jersey retired as a Rocket thanks to Hakeem :D

tinman likes this.
  13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Last time I checked, I don't think he represented the Rockets 50th, or participate in Clutch City championship anniversary. He represents the 2 championship by saying it self-servingly. He probaly has a grievance against the Rockets now because he isn't their coach. I love his commentating, but loving Houston is another story.

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I don't get it, do Beaumont have strippers or cheap hookers?

15. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Don't get the reference either

16. fiersdownbelow

Kenny Smith sucks on TNT. He's a pretentious bore who never says anything controversial probably because he knows he isn't a legend who can make those kinds of statements. There's a great video online where Gary Payton exposed him on the air for being a scrub and it was hilarious. I've heard that Kenny was fuming behind the scenes and worked to have GP removed from the show for good.

When I heard about Pat's grandfather I knew immediately Kenny would tried to shoehorn his own personal **** in there. We KNOW about your mom, dude. She wasn't Barbara Jordan, okay? Most of us "regular people" have lost family too. You already milk those chips where Dream carried you, no need to milk this too. Barkley owns your ass on that show (even Shaq is better).

Sorry if this comes off as harsh.

17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I just saw that "Gary Payton roasts Kenny" on youtube. Funny stuff. Kenny was the Rockets' starting point guard during those back to back championship years...that's a fact. Granted we can say "well any PG could have been plugged in there with Dream and get the rings" and that's probably a valid argument.

But fact remains, it was Kenny as the PG when those rings happened so the exactly compilation of the respective rosters won those championships.

Having said that, while I do get that Kenny is paid for his honest opinions, there is nothing wrong with showing loyalty through speech and actions and NEVER FORGETTING WHERE YOU CAME FROM. Personally, I think Kenny should show some favor towards Houston. Horry does...and even JVG does. Why shouldn't Kenny?

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Honestly, I don't even think so. I don't think there's anything there.

19. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Perkins is from Beaumont. I watched him play when he was at Ozen High School. His nickname was "Baby Shaq" back then.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

He had a video reply for the Rockets50 cause he was working .