1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Smith on Where will Game 1 of WCF be?:"HOUSTON TEXAS!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

He read Clutch Fans and felt guilty of being a Sellout.

DreamShook and Verbal Christ like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kenny is an unbiased analyst
    We call this KEEPING IT REAL

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep, exactly.

Kenny started being a part-time Rockets hater back in 2016 when he interviewed for the head coach job and lost it to someone with much better qualifications.

So funny to see him jump on our bandwagon now that he realizes how stupid he'll look in a few months if he doesn't.

Houstunna, D-rock, s3ts and 1 other person like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

The pure Rockets fans started in 1967 when the Rockets first debuted. Why do you always have to make a big deal of the time you joined?

Being a fan during the champion years doesn't make you any better than everyone else, you can argue that is when all the band wagoners joined so just stop glorifying yourself lmao.

Golden State won their first championship im 4 decades in 2015. I guess all those people who became GSW fans that time are true GSW fans. These GSW 2015ers sure are special :rolleyes:

BigShasta, D-rock and topfive like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

The pure Rockets fan created this site we are on.
    Pure doesn't mean how old you are, it means how true you are .

what am I make a big deal of? explaining the history of Clutchfans and it's legendary group of heroes?

#45 tinman, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  6. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

When Chuck can't remember your name...

[​IMG]

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  7. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Barkley admitted he hardly watches NBA games, period.

D-rock likes this.
  8. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Ed Davis?

D-rock likes this.
  9. MystikArkitect

All those Texans fans that turned into Astros fans must have voted that poll. I’m sure these guys were ride or die a few years back.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  10. smp

smp Member

I used to log in to clutchcity.com iirc on my ev1.net dialup to chat with other fans while watching the games. That was in 96 or 97 I think. Didn't the site completely crash and get rebuilt it in 99? I lost my account along the way and couldn't retrieve it since my ev1.net email wasn't available any more. It's so cool this site has lasted this long. I'm glad there's a few people like you that stuck around since inception.

tinman likes this.
  11. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Do people even keep usernames from clutchcity.com days?

don grahamleone and tinman like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL. These guys really get paid to say absolutely nothing. None of them brought anything new or even interesting to the table. God bless Chuck, he was really trying his damnedest to step up after all the uuummms and pregnant pauses by Kenny.

HOUSTON TEXAS !!! was a veritable senior moment for old jet. He strained so hard trying to formulate a response that I was worried that he creamed his depends. Good thing it's tin's job to check those regularly.

But it's good to know that Kenny and Chuck are up to date and supporting the current Rockets. Tucker, Gerald Green, Ariza, Ed Davis and the gritty guy thank you from the bottom of their heart.

don grahamleone and Houstunna like this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

TNT is so much better than ESPN

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Why couldn't he introduce MIN ?

He mustered -- invalid -- OKC.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am a pure Rockets fan as any, and I don't think Kenny has said anything that's a big deal. Geez.

It's been a long time since we've seen two 60+ win teams faced off in the West. GS is obviously the favorite but upsets do happen so we'll see!

don grahamleone, bilaal14 and Sidarma like this.
  16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

******* it, if it wasn't for that ****ing snake Durant, we would've had great chance...:mad::mad::mad:

bilaal14 likes this.
  17. arubato

arubato Member

We just saw this last year. But to be fair, Kawhi-less Spurs can't win 60 regular season games.

D-rock likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Clutchfans history.
    Real.
    Pure.
    Before TNT.
    Before social media.
    Real.
    Pure.

http://www.clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=30

[​IMG]

• Clutch: Hey Charles, can I ask you a few questions?
      Barkley: Sure, man.

Clutch: I write for a website called Clutch City Online and a lot of fans asked about the new rules. I know it's being casually referred to as the "Barkley Rule", but we wanted to know how you think this is going to affect your game and the Rockets game this season, being that the Rockets always do a lot of post up.

Barkley: I don't think it will affect me at all to be honest with you. I think it will give me an advantage because I know exactly how quick I have to make my move.... and it only counts if you're dribbling the ball, so if you're facing up it doesn't matter so I don't think it affects me at all.

Clutch: Who do you think is the "Team to Beat" in the West this year?

Barkley: There is a lot of good teams. I don't think there are any great, great teams. San Antonio is very good. I think the Lakers obviously are going to be better. I like our chances after that.

Clutch: We have a lot of Rocket fans here in Austin and I know many wanted to know what you think of Austin so far.

Barkley: (excited) Oh it's nice man, I had never been here before. I'm having a great time. I am. I was excited to see the city and it's been...

Clutch: Hit Sixth Street?

Barkley: Yeah, I went to Sixth Street last night. It's an interesting street. You can get in some trouble down there. (laughter).

Clutch: Great. I saw some of practice yesterday and you looked great yesterday. I appreciate you taking the time...

Barkley: No problem man.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

If "purity" doesn't mean how old you are why keep bringing up 99ers and decades old stories?

Based on your own definition the Rockets fans of todays are just as "true" as the rockets fans during the 80s.

You were a fan during Hakeem's time, great. I'm sorry but that doesn't make you a hero. Hakeem is the hero. Clutch is the hero for making this site. Being a fan doesn't mean you are a hero, otherwise all of us are heroes.

20. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member