1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Smith on Hakeem vs Bulls "He couldn't be guarded"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 24, 2020.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Why would anyone ask this question? If they just followed the Rockets championship runs they would know Rodman was on the Spurs team that Hakeem completely dismantled in WCF!!

2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Kenny was great in this video, which makes me question why he is so bad on TNT. It seems he was more reflective, comfortable and real in this setting and over compensating and unnatural on TNT. He offered great insight and anecdotes about jordan and that era of basketball. Awesome.

3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol i argued this before about kenny. If you read and watch his interviews he always defends dream and those rockets teams he was on. He hasn’t come out and bashed the rockets organization from what I’ve seen. He has simply not been quick to praise rockets players or style of play but thats his personal take. A person doesn’t have to agree with everything his former organization does. I even argue that perhaps his seemingly lack of care for the rockets is due to his separation of being an analyst and company man. In order to be an analyst he chose to separate the two. I actually like it. If you watch other analysts or guest analysts etc like scottie pippen or kevin garnett theres always some bias to their old teams. They can’t separate the two. I support kennys decision to not be a blind company man and focus on strictly being an analyst and commentator.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He defends "that team", but that's about it. Doesn't defend or rep Houston or the current Rockets when they're clowned on by there other clowns. Hell Charles or Shaq reps Houston more.

Doesn't give any hard fought accolades any credit or comparison to "that team". He's been living off the glory of "that team" and knows it's his only virtue. Sorry you didn't enjoy Houston.

Weakest link. Bored of the job. Not bored of the income and the alimony it pays off.

**** you "The Jet".

I'm open to forgiveness but you ain't asking for any

5. JW86

JW86 Member

It’s good he’s trying to be objective BUT the problem is how he uses the Rockets and supports them when he pleases. It’s HIS Rockets when they win game 6 in 2015 and comeback from 3-1, but when Charles bags on them, nothing.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's not paid to be a homer
    He's not paid by the Rockets like Drexler

If you got Kenny Smith's paycheck, you wouldn't be a homer either

And

When was the media ever been right about the Rockets winning a title?

Exactly..

7. JW86

JW86 Member

Has nothing to do with my point.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Can’t change history or the truth

Some of you media sensitive suckers don’t understand this

OJ Simpson is still a legendary running back

and Bruce Jenner a great Olympic hero

9. tinman

Supporting Member

if a bunch of people are in a building with Kenny Smith including some of you idiots
    and Kenny Smith said "I smell fire, the buildings on fire"
    the majority of people will run to the exits

and then you see the fire and smoke and you stand there because "Kenny Smith said it and Kenny hurt my feelings cause he doesn't love the Rockets every year on TNT "

you'll end up like charred beef jerky

This is the same situation

It's not the messenger it's the message

@CometsWin

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

bringing up life sustaining situations isn’t proving whatever point you’re trying to make...that’s the 3rd time now...

11. tinman

Supporting Member

The truth is always the truth
    No
    Matter who says it

sensitivity to TV personalities doing their jobs
    Is not my issue

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

keep condoning sellouts

yes, people will still drink water, breathe, or run out of a burning building if Kenny does those things

Why? Because no one is trying to die out here.

stop that nonsense...

13. tinman

Supporting Member

kenny smith spoke the truth and all shall hear it

it’s not my fault people care so much about inside the nba and first take

99ers will never stop loving clutch city championships
    @Rocket River