1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jb86, Nov 2, 2018.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Knight's days are numbered my friend, as are our draft picks.

2. Garner

Garner Member

In Faried's first 4 games with Houston, he is posting career high averages in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, and FG%.

this is going wonderfully.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

That is what happens when you get minutes and are playing with the best offensive player to ever play the game. His per 100 possessions numbers were actually up the last 2 years, he just didn't get minutes.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Good pickup, better than I had hoped. I'm sure he'll fall off a bit after a couple weeks like Rivers, but hopefully Capela is back by then and he can be a great backup option.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

really couldn't have landed in a better spot. gets to play with both harden AND cp3. dream come true for him.

6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

[​IMG]

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Rivers game depends on his own shooting ability and ISO ability. Faried’s role is much easier as a rebounder and roll man. Harden does the rest for him. I don’t think he will drop off as much as you think.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Good points, but I'm sure teams will start scouting for him more. Remember he hasn't played rotation minutes in years essentially so he may be catching teams off guard a bit.

ParaSolid and bj3175 like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

what exactly are you scouting. if this were true capela would of dropped off a long time ago. faried's play has always been based a ton upon his energy. scouting doesn't take that away from him. unless the rockets just give him the ball and ask him to make something happen, there won't be much drop off. if you have a high iq and the correct attributes to fit, you can succeed playing next to harden/cp3. that's been proven time and time again

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well, he did fall off a bit towards the end of his time in Denver and couldn't crack the rotation in Brooklyn. If all of that is just circumstantial, then great. But I just want to keep my expectations in check because he essentially picked him off the scrap heap.

HakeemOnlyFan and douglasreedy1 like this.
  11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This why we need that Thon Maker or a stretch 5 or tall stretch 4 Capela and Faried can only play together with Capela if Harden Cp3 and Gordon are on the court at the same time

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean you have jokic and Jarret allen. not sure why people are surprised his PT got cut. none of those teams play like the rockets do nor do they have elite guard play like the rockets. just because he fell out of their rotation bc of how they play and how he didn't fit doesn't mean he lost any of what he did best.

he's essentially playing this way without even a formal practice maybe just 1 if even that. more actual time may even mean a better feel for his teammates and the system. His outlook is nothing but positive for this team, especially lacking depth at the C position

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Scouting IMO won't affect him much easier, purely on the basis that Harden is the one that is doing the heavy lifting on Faried's game. In fact, as he gets more accustomed to playing with Harden and understanding Harden's tendencies, I think we will actually see him play better; not necessarily better stats, but definitely more efficient/smarter PnR play. Remember, the reason Faried's game is working is because 1) Harden's natural gravity off the pick and 2) his ability to rise vertically which is what none of our bigs have or is smart enough to utilize (looking at you Chriss) after Cappela. The reason Harden occasionally made Black look like a serviceable player was because he could jump. Faried is like 100x the player Black was.

RocketToVegas and D-rock like this.
  14. Roxs-Redemption

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kenneth For Real.

D-rock and steddinotayto like this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

FIFY

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We have Capela and presumably he'd be the primary backup once he returns. I'm not arguing that he has lost anything, just keeping expectations low. We've seen guys like Clark and Rivers come in strong this year and fall off after a couple weeks. I'm sure he'll be a great backup option to Capela.

18. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

What you don't understand is that he is tailor made for what Harden needs from him. His down years were a result of his team changing not him falling off a cliff. Lots of people expected this move to work out and it's playing out exactly that way. It's why Morey didn't want to overpay for Capela. Capela is still the better fit of the two as Faried does have some weaknesses but as a roll man, rebounder he's what we need. He's even got some highlight reel defense every once in a while even if he makes mistakes.

48 minutes of hall of fame point guard play to go with 48 min of lobs and rebounding

I couldn't be happier

19. bj3175

bj3175 Member

16 points and 8 assists a game in 26 minutes would do it

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

It's going to be great to have Manimal coming off the bench for Capela with CP3 and EGo keeping the offense humming against second unit centers. If we can get a solid wing guy (Robert Covington...? It's free to dream), we'll be nicely set up for a post-season rematch with the champs.