1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jb86, Nov 2, 2018.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trust me, I wish Faried would get his confidence and let it rip. Until he gets it, he is going to sit on the bench, just like last year.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do not think lack of confidence is a real problem for the Manimal.

kjayp likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

It’s a real thing Brother. The last game we tried Ken/Clint for significant minutes. There was a specific moment where Ken at PF started crashing to the short corner, much to the disgust of D’Antoni.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

When it comes to shooting threes, absolutely.

He started crashing from the corners after his air balls, killing our spacing. Mike never played him at PF again.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Faried is a double double machine, shooting 3's is nice but not essential for the 5 spot.

And hes hitting those 3's during games, not talking about practice.

Dont be a hater Rudy.

Hakeemtheking, kjayp and RudyTBag like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Could be just as simple as that - who knows. A few years ago, I would've never thought a player that good on the offensive side in terms of garbage collection and rebounding could be so bad on defense that he can't even sniff the court. I mean as in ... nowhere-to-be-found-bad. Then I think Enes Kanter is another example. But who knows.

Kim and RudyTBag like this.
  7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Not hating at all. I like Manimal and hope he re-signs. He is a useful player. 16-10 off the bench for months basically. That’s just insane.

I wish so bad that he would figure out that corner three and just keep shooting it in spite of the air balls.

kevtse and D-rock like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Perhaps dantoni is the problem...kerr played a lot of players that cant shoot 3

9. JW86

JW86 Member

I guess aside from lack of great defense he has some personality issues too, which would explain why he hasn't been signed yet.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think people just have it in their minds that small guys are the ones that could potentially shoot the lights out - so their shortcomings defensively can be forgiven....
    Whereas bigs are considered more utilitarian - and if they're not providing good defense then they gotta go...

The most annoying line I see on CF is "...he's unplayable against GSW..." - whether its faried or whoever else... Curry is a constant defensive liability - but somehow GSW manages to thrive around his shortcomings... There were times when Harden couldn't be bothered to play defense - but that was fine... :rolleyes:

It's all just lazy coaching... rather than having numerous adjustments tailored for different personnel packages - MDA just wants to "play our game..."

Little Bit, D-rock, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

How about Kenneth Fa-NO!

12. mastan

mastan Member

All valid points...I like to add the fact that MDA didn't play Nene in the 2018 playoffs against GS who was one year younger and much better however he played an older and less efficient Nene in 2019 playoffs against GS..that suggests rotation selection by MDA has less to do with whether one playable or not but more about his preference... Faried at PF is pretty good, I am not a fan of him playing at center as he is undersized for that and that is not his natural position plus I am not fan of small ball lineups.

D-rock and kjayp like this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Different offense tho. Our 4 has to be able to hit 3s period. That's why I never get upset when certain guys leave. They dont fit...even when they might do some good things.

We play a simple offense(which is not a bad thing or whatever works) but in that simple offense it has principles instead of plays.

It most be atleast 4 shooters counting harden....so basically the ball handler plus 3 other shooters
    Like the rockets run the same set of principles every possession(again I'm a believer in it doesnt have to be complicated cause that can lead to errors, n our simple scheme is easy for off the wire guys to pick up) so its pick n roll first drive n kicks second. That's all in a nutshell with variations of those.

I'm always amazing rockets fans by now dont accept those principles. We actually do have a system. Just not the one everybody likes to see. I dont care tho I like winning so if we gonna do same simple **** n we win idc

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He’s back?

15. mastan

mastan Member

We have no 40% 3 point shooter in the team, going by your logic Westbrook is not a fit since he cannot hit 3s.

Offense can be changed to maximize talent and that is the job of the coach..Rockets cannot win championship by going for contested 3s while ignoring uncontested 2s.

kjayp and RocketOrg like this.
  16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Curry and Harden are MVPs whose offensive contributions clearly outweigh their defensive shortcomings. You make exceptions for guys like them, not for role players who have better options ahead of them in the rotation.

Not every decent player makes the playoff rotation. You can't have a nine man rotation in the playoffs. If guys like Faried, Green, Nene, and Shumpert get playing time then someone better has to sit.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ding ding ding...u just hit it on the head...u only change things for elite player...cp3 shooting 2s Westbrook doing what he does...u do not change for Faried lmao.

Oh n also 40 is not needed on this team do to volume...more like 34 percent is what we aim for

18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

We shoot 35 percent last year...bro I'm deep in the system. That's what makes up for shooting 35 percent is the amount of 3s we shoot compared to what we would have shot if those were 2s..with the added value of one extra point.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Thnx and what system do gsw run?

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

A motion offense, screening for klay n curry is the main principle. Ball screens, not alot of pick n roll. It works but gsw gets into trouble alot from turnover...why because the system is complicated. They usually lead the league in turnovers.

N I've saw n morey has reaffirmed it thats why we also so much. U put the ball in ur best playmaker hands...sure he might get u 8 turnovers but thats not high for the whole team since no one else really gonna have a chance to turn over.

Our system I think is genius. Even the slow way harden plays I see is for a reason(less possession less chances to turn it over leading to fast breaks.)

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.